Crappie hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie hotel

Looking at making a crappie hotel using a 5 gal bucket and the black irrigation tubing. Any thoughts or ideas on them.? Does it really work?

Other suggestions?

Ha! Hellzbellz, I thought you'se talking about LaQuinta!!lol

Comment

I did the same thing. Put holes in bucket ran the tubes all the way through and poured con concrete in bucket. Let set and dropped in toledo bend. I run good graphs and it is hard to find pvc. The only thing you really puck up is the concrete. I made 6 and put all out. If I had to do it over again and I will, I would put natural brush. I have friend that crappie guide for a living and all their piles are brush. There is something to be said about that.

Comment

Willow limbs = ��

Comment

?? = thumbs up.

Comment

Willow or gum trees

Comment

I've built several like that for ponds and they will hold fish for sure. They get better with Algae build up on them

Comment

We make them yearly to put out. If you can get your hands on some cane.....its the best in my opinion to concrete in the 5 gal. buckets. Provides good structure and you won't hang up. You can cut it to correct height for depth of bucket placement. Plus its more natural than the tubing and the price is usually right on roadside cane breaks. Good luck!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Working...
                  X