Need help---oil patch got me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help---oil patch got me

Well, life in the oil patch has been very good to me. I have been working internationally for 10 of my 20 years, rotating on a 28 day on / off schedule as a Sr. Materials Coordinator on a 7th Gen Drill Ship. I was Project Manager of Materials in Korea & Singapore for the new build of one of the four Drill Ships that Atwood Oceanics contracted DSME Shipyard to build. While in Singapore & Korea I established & set up a virtual warehouse in both countries, planning & scheduling the complete load out of all equipment upon complete commissioning of the vessel. I’m currently assigned to the same vessel I helped bring out of the shipyard. I am currently in charge of buying all equipment & materials ( with the exception of capital equipment ) & making sure our $20 mil dollar inventory stays within acceptable budget range.

I have been told that my position will become nationalized with local employees, therefore I am on the hunt for new opportunities. I don’t mind travel, however I wouldn’t mind landing a position with a reputable company that would allow me to be home more with my family.
    I am open to a career change as well. I have very strong work ethics & willingness to learn all I can. My skill set includes, but not limited to

Buyer, Procurement, Material Management, Planner/ Scheduler, logistics.

LIKE I MENTIONED I AM OPEN TO A CAREER CHANGE. Any leads & or help would be greatly appreciated

Good luck.! Things will go your way soon

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
      Good luck.! Things will go your way soon
      Thank you Sir !!!

Comment

Good luck in your search. Prayers for you.

Comment

Thank you !!!

Comment

Good luck to you sir

Comment

Good luck to you in your future endevours. (sp.?)

Comment

Good luck Sir!

It'll all work out for you.

Comment

Good luck. Some big cracker projects and methanol plants going up from Houston to Baton Rouge. May want to search some EPC websites.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                    Good luck. Some big cracker projects and methanol plants going up from Houston to Baton Rouge. May want to search some EPC websites.
                    Thanks for the heads up on that I will check it out.

Comment

Sir. take a Look on the Raytheon web site, as I know they are hiring for Procurement and such...
                      Good Luck!

Comment

Got this one sent through LinkedIn and remembered this thread. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Comment

it may take a few shots to learn the system but try INDEED.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                            Sir. take a Look on the Raytheon web site, as I know they are hiring for Procurement and such...
                            Good Luck!
                            Will do, much appreciated sir

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              Got this one sent through LinkedIn and remembered this thread. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

https://jobs.halliburton.com/job/Hou...032/453359700/
                              Yes sir, sounds like it would be a good fit, I'll check it out....Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X