Papa Bear style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Bear style

I was digging through one of my archery bags and found some old Fred Bear razorheads that came in a package deal on something I bought. Ive heard so much about them but never got to try them since I tuned all my wood arrows with a 160gr point and these where in the 130's.
    With a little time on my hands yesterday, and really feeling hunting season just around the corner, I started to put together some arrow/broadhead combo's for each bow.
    My Lynx is tuned with a 175gr broadhead and 100gr insert up front. The wheels started to turn and I pulled out some inserts and a torch and melted some lead into the insert and wallaaa!!
    I now have 175gr Bear razorheads that shoot straight and are sharp as heck.
    I was thinking on painting or cerakoting them, but now that they're done, I see some character that I like in them.
    Now its just a matter of time to get them bloody.
    Attached Files

Best of luck brother

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
      Best of luck brother

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Thanks, bud! Same to you.

Comment

I can’t wait to see what falls to those!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Manuel, did you “sharpen off” the chisel tip, or were they already that way when you got em? Either way, they look good! Anxious for you to kill something with em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Comment

That is a great idea. Was it hard getting the exact amount of lead in the insert?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I can’t wait to see what falls to those!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Me too. With my kids growing its hard to get to hunt by myself anymore. They want to tag along every time. Still fun and I get to pass on the passion for hunting.

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                Manuel, did you “sharpen off” the chisel tip, or were they already that way when you got em? Either way, they look good! Anxious for you to kill something with em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                They where already like that. I just sharpened them.
                They did get a great edge.

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                That is a great idea. Was it hard getting the exact amount of lead in the insert?
                Not at all. I just weighted everything before I melted the lead. That little piece you see on the first pic is just small pieces smashed together with the pliers.
                I was surprised on how well the spun and flew. Didnt have to make any adjustments other than turning them horizontal (thats how I like them)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Comment

I take and wire brush them and spray with green camo paint!

Comment

Nice, they'll work for you Brother.... Anything works for you

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                        Nice, they'll work for you Brother.... Anything works for you

I really think they will. I hope I can make the kill thread soon.
                        How have you been?

Comment

I killed my first 9 deer with Bears. They did the job just fine but they will bend if they even touch any thing other than foam or meat. Some would even bend when they hit bone. It's the reason I went to Zwickeys and still shoot them almost 50 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            I killed my first 9 deer with Bears. They did the job just fine but they will bend if they even touch any thing other than foam or meat. Some would even bend when they hit bone. It's the reason I went to Zwickeys and still shoot them almost 50 years later.
                            I need to put them to good use.
                            I hope I can get a little bit back out of them. And I will.
                            They feel very promising. But yes, on the thin side.
                            I guess we’ll figure it out before too long.

Comment

Working...
                            X