Another great time at the Diamond C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great time at the Diamond C

I made it back out to the Diamond C for a hunt last weekend and had a great time. I was out there for an Aoudad but they didn't want to cooperate with me. I ended up taken a really nice corsican ram on Friday night after being covered up by axis and a sika buck. No sign of the Aoudads, but after seeing the corsican I thought he would look nice on the wall.

Saturday I was the only person on the ranch and Skylar worked his butt off trying to put me on an Aoudad. We drove around the ranch for several hours and finally spotted them and attempted a spot and stalk. If I could shoot my bow 120+ yards, I would have gotten one. But, guys he isn't kidding when he says he has some monsters out there. There were two that were 30+ inches.

Although I went out there for an Aoudad, after seeing his fallow deer I decided to go for one of them. Skylar put me in a stand and he went to another and told me he would come get me if the fallow showed up at his. After sitting in the stand for about 30 minutes, Skylar came over to my stand and told me where they were and we proceeded to spot and stalk them. It was a total rush and we managed to get within 20 yards of them. I put my sights on the buck, shook like a leaf and WHACK -- I scored a fallow.

This was my second time at the Diamond C and sure won't be my last. It's a top notch operation and Skylar is about as good a guy as they come.
    Attached Files

Congrats!! You got the famous Steve the fallow!!! Great looking ram too!

Comment

Nice job man Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the fallow.. I don't have much interest in goats but the fallow is cool! good job!

Comment

Ah...Steve finally met his maker. Nice job on gettin him, he was a bugger to get after when we were there in August. Beautiful ram too.

Comment

Looks like you had a great hunt. Congrats on the fine animals!

Comment

As always had a great time hunting with ya Nate. Great looking Fallow good job.

Comment

Congrats on the animals!

Comment

Incredible weekend. Well done, Steve.
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Nice looking critters. Congrats

Comment

Nice Corsican and Fallow buck. congrats

Comment

Nice animals! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on 2 fine animals

Comment

Thanks everyone. Now I gotta save up for another hunt!

Comment

very nice, congrats on both

Comment

Working...
                              X