Bowstrings - What material do you use for your strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to decide on a set of new strings & cables. Can't decide if I should stick with the tried and true BCY-452X material or go with the new BCY-X material.

Anyone have a preference and why?

Actually I'm thinking of doing both. Cable in 452X and String in X. Anyone shoot this combo?

BCY-X offers the best in terms of speed, stability and durability imo. 452 is an incredibly stable material but is surpassed in all around performance by X. Don’t take my word for it, call Brad @ 60x and talk to him but I’ve been using it exclusively since it came out with zero complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would ask this on Archery Talk.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I would ask this on Archery Talk.

Why we can have the discussion here. If you are running 452 on open cables like an Elite, Bear etc.... the material simply won’t take the abuse. Served cables through a roller guard are a better fit, with the X it’s a non-issue with either. The SK90 on the X is a revamped dyneema vs the 75 in the 452 and will fuzz less all things being equal. The added Vectran in the 452 could possibly be a little more stable but if the threads are built properly its a wash. Personally I think the X is slightly softer on the shot and is a little quicker for what it’s worth. For a bowhunting rig that’s exposed to the elements the X is hard to beat in terms of durability and gives up absolutely nothing in terms of down range performance. Not hating on the 452, I’ve had great success running it on my cables with an 8190 string but at the end of the day I can roll with the X and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like BCY-X. I get my strings from Bow String Depot and they have Trophy, Mercury, and BCY X. I always ask for X for the reasons muddy already covered.

Comment

It's tough to beat bcy x for a compound bowstrings. It's the best speed, durability and stability all wrapped into one.

Comment

Brownell Fury. I agree, ask/ read about it on archerytalk. That’s what lead me to the Fury over BCY. There are a ton of custom string builders over there with good advice too
              Last edited by Kmiles84; 04-08-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60X Bowstrings View Post
                It's tough to beat bcy x for a compound bowstrings. It's the best speed, durability and stability all wrapped into one.
                It's hard to argue with a guy who builds strings for a living.

I have been using 452X for years and years, never a complaint, build 'em right and they are perfect for their entire lifespan. It does get a little fuzzy over time, but not a concern for me. I pretty much build new strings once a year for my bows and a few for friends here and there.

I don't think you can go wrong with either really.

Comment

I’ve build two sets of strings/cables using Fury. Makes super smooth strings. They seem very stable. Might be worth a try if you are considering BCY-X.

Comment

Working...
                  X