No announcement yet.

Vortex or Leupold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had both but only own Leupold now. Even with the lighted reticle, the Vortex couldn't hold a candle to my Leupold with the heavy duplex for night hunting feral hogs.

Comment

Leupold has provided the best customer service I have ever received. They replaced a broken scope (my fault and admitted what happened) with a brand new scope. I was completely in shock when they said the new one was on the way

Comment

I had a Vortex Razor it was a bit foggy or fuzzy to me, great scope but just not as clear as my Leupolds even the VX II.

Comment

Y'all have a lot of trucks catching fire...

Leupold for me. I really like the VX-5HDs... for $1k they're worth saving up for.

Comment

Have both. Will only be buying Leupold from here on out

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
              I had a Vortex Razor it was a bit foggy or fuzzy to me, great scope but just not as clear as my Leupolds even the VX II.
              While I prefer leupold, you either didn’t adjust it right or it was broke. Razor is WAY better than a vxii

I vote leupold. I do like the gen 2 razors a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Vortex - an American-owned company sells riflescopes that have been manufactured overseas.

Razor HD scopes are manufactured in Japan
                Vipers are made in Philippines
                Diamondbacks are made in Philippines made as well
                Crossfire scopes are produced in China

I’ll stick with Leupold since they are made in the USA and have never let me down
                They aren't all built overseas.

Live tour of the Vortex Optics manufacturing facility in Middleton, WI on Nov. 03, 2016. Get a behind the scenes look at where the Vortex Razor AMG is built....

Comment

Leupold for me

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    They aren't all built overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g9DpJO-4r4

They have one product that’s 100% USA made and the price reflects it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      They have one product that’s 100% USA made and the price reflects it.

Correct. And still significantly less expensive and lighter than Leupold.

Comment

Correct. And still significantly less expensive and lighter than Leupold.

Cheaper than which Leupold?

$3699 isn’t chump change and it’s only 4X magnification range.

Leupold Mark 5 5-25x52 FFP illuminated TMR is $3249.

Comment

A friend had an old Leupold on his grandpas rifle that he was gifted. Not sure how old exactly, but it was definitely old. Looking through it, it was hazy around the perimeter. He called Leupold and they said to send it to them. They ended up replacing all the glass, internals, and turrets free of charge that was on par with VX2 glass. He was ecstatic, he got to keep the old look of the scope but essentially got a brand new scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Cheaper than which Leupold?

$3699 isn’t chump change and it’s only 4X magnification range.

Leupold Mark 5 5-25x52 FFP illuminated TMR is $3249.

Leupold is $5400...I'm not knocking Leupold, they support and promote public lands, and are a great company all around. But they are more expensive, and if I needed absolute top of the line optics, and had someone else's money to spend, I would go with Leupold top of the line any day.

But, for my $, I am going Vortex, because no way am I going to notice the 1/10th of 1% better the Leupold is over Vortex.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              neither one, over-hyped.
                              Nikon only.
                              I would agree on the Vortex, had two of them, sold 'em as Nikon Monarch was a much better scope for me anyway. Leupold...had several and like them in the mid price range compared to the Monarch. Regarding warranty, all 3 brands mentioned offer life time, but I've only had to return 1 over all the years and it was NOT Nikon. Got the replacement back and still not pleased and sold it.

This is a subject you can argue about all day long....but as someone said, look thru them all and judge for yourself. The ONE thing you can't see when buying one is light gathering capability morning or evening.

For the past several years all I have bought is Nikon with the 50mm. It works for me but I've got old eyes and rely on "eye relief" + clarity.

IMO of course.....

Comment

Vortex or Leupold?

Leupold is $5400...I'm not knocking Leupold, they support and promote public lands, and are a great company all around. But they are more expensive, and if I needed absolute top of the line optics, and had someone else's money to spend, I would go with Leupold top of the line any day.

But, for my $, I am going Vortex, because no way am I going to notice the 1/10th of 1% better the Leupold is over Vortex.

In that price point there are better scopes than the Leupold or the Vortex. But in a heads up comparison across the board, Leupold wins hands down.......and not by 1/10 of 1%.

Warranty - even
                                Quality - Leupold
                                Price - even (there is a price point for everyone)

All other things being equal I’ll take the higher quality product that isn’t as likely to NEED the warranty.

I love Vortex fanboys. Although they aren’t as prevalent as they once were. I wonder why.

Comment

Working...
                                X