Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the buck!

Comment

December 2 was a good day on the East side of Menard.

Boys stayed home and dad got it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueCountybow View Post
        Congrats on the buck!
        Thanks!
        It was worth the cold to see the smile on my sons face.

Comment

Any last updates on the season? Seemed to be a good horn year with the wet spring.
          I wish the regular season would go past New Years weekend every year. (always have family plans then) I never hunt this late in the season.
          Post rut and all the big deer were apparently trying to get their weight back. I saw more big bucks this weekend than I have all season. Saturday morning I had 8 bucks under my feeder.
          Even had an Axis buck come in, and of course my tripod chair squeaked as I was turning to shoot and off he went.

Comment

I was there this weekend and the deer were moving great. They are definitely fat and in great health. Where you at on Callen ln. our east fence borders a ranch in Callen ln

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
              I was there this weekend and the deer were moving great. They are definitely fat and in great health. Where you at on Callen ln. our east fence borders a ranch in Callen ln
              We are about (approx) 5 miles down Callan Lane near the high fence place. I think it may be the back side of the Ford Ranch.
              Anywhere near you?

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                We are about (approx) 5 miles down Callan Lane near the high fence place. I think it may be the back side of the Ford Ranch.
                Anywhere near you?
                We are at the Menard county line. Callen rd 1 is right behind us and we are 10 miles north on 83. So your not to far from me

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life!!! Looks like I will be joining you all in Menard. I will be near Wadell Lane and north of ClearCreek Ranch. Supposedly a good axis herd and lots of whitetail. Hope to get set up in the next couple weeks.

Comment

How many are near Hext?

Comment

I am close to hext and have only seen a fallow.
                      Last edited by trippletap; 03-28-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Our place is a few miles west of Hext. Back in the day, the Trading Post was quite the place to drink a few beers. Turkey are thick this year, good luck to those hunting this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X