MIG Welding Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIG Welding Machine

I see a lot of guys on here are pretty talented at diy stuff, building deer stands and what not, im building a stand right now with a borrowed machine and am looking into buying one. Any recommendations as to what to buy or what not to buy or what you guys have that you really like?

Depends on your budget.

Comment

The small lincolns in the $600-800 range are decent machines. I know a guy who has a Hobart from TSC and he likes it too. My boss likes his harbor freight but he is a cheapo and doesn't do much with it

My all time favorite was the Miller 350P I ran in Lubbock. But It's a bit much for odds and ends at home

Comment

I found the Lincolns for sale at home depot package deal for like 330 bucks but its a 120. Didn't know if that would suffice for the jobs around the house or if I needed something bigger.

Comment

I have a Lincolin 110. It will do light welding. I use the flux core wire. If I were to buy another it would have gas attachment and be a small 220v. Millers are good machines.

Comment

Hobart Handler 140 with gas. TSC regularly runs them on sale for around $475

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Hobart Handler 140 with gas. TSC regularly runs them on sale for around $475
              I assume that is plenty to be able to do anything a guy that cant weld can dream up?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter1089 View Post
                I assume that is plenty to be able to do anything a guy that cant weld can dream up?
                Yes sir. Great machine. Easy to find consumable parts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Yes sir. Great machine. Easy to find consumable parts too.
                  Thankyou for the info sir!

Comment

Welder

I have a Hobart Handler I was thinking of getting rid of if your interested. But Dayton to Hallettsville is a Long way!!

Comment

Originally posted by cpcourville View Post
                      I have a Hobart Handler I was thinking of getting rid of if your interested. But Dayton to Hallettsville is a Long way!!
                      Shoot me a pm, maybe we can work something out. Its about 2 hours.

Comment

The 180 is a good size for an all around hobby type use. Hobart is a good value. I run Miller but its for some heavier welding.

Comment

I bought one of the little lincolns from a guy on here when he was moving and it serves me well for what I use it for. I use my miller bobcat for most things..question that should be asked is how thick of material are you looking to work with? the little one I have is just a 110 but I only use it on light gauge maybe up to 3/16'. on occasion I have used it on thicker but doesn't produce the results I like, but it will do it

Comment

I have a Lincoln 120 and sure wish it was a Miller 140 with or without gas.
                            Have used both and the Miller is way mo betterer.
                            Never used a Hobart but I assume it's not any different than a lincoln.
                            My little Lincoln does a fair good job on stuff to 3/16".

Comment

I just googled this.
                              Miller Electric Mfg. Co now owns Hobart. The two welders are not the same however. Hobart is a less expensive budget welder. Miller welders are still high end professional equipment you have to buy from a Welding Supply.
                              My guess is a Hobart will still be a step up from the lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X