Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
    do you have to "can the shine" after you put it in the jars? Wondering if they need to be sealed in a traditional canning method to prevent spoilage, it will make about 1 1/2 gallons? will it spoil?
    I didn't, I just poured in the jars and put the top on them. Like posted above, I think the everclear keeps it pickled, LOL. I only have a 750 ml bottle left, I gave the pint jars to friends, and it's been on the counter for about 6 days now.

Comment

Had some of this over the holidays. Oooooph!

Comment

Gonna give this a try.

Comment

I have a fresh batch made for my Super Bowl Party later

Chicken and sausage gumbo, with a side of tater salad and some garlic bread to sop up the last bit of gumbo juice................and some apple pie shine for desert..........

Comment

It is O so gooooooood!

Comment

Be careful with leaving the cinnamon sticks in the brew, if you're going to drink pretty quickly (days), it's fine. If you plan on letting it sit and age or gifting it, take the sticks out after a few days, the cinnamon stick along with the apple juice/cider and sugar will start the fermentation process again. You will get a few hints of methanol, not enough to hurt you, but will def. add to the hangover. And make sure that you jar it back into food grade jars and lids.

I will not disclose where my knowledge of this comes from.

Comment

hot dawg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my wife's close friend has a friend that makes apple moonshine for special events (i.e. New year's).

it'll knock you on your keyster and it goes down smooth...too smooth.

I bet this is pretty dang close. Her friend won't give up the recipe, so I gotta try this one!!

If it's as good as the stuff I've had before...I'll be a VERY happy camper!!

Comment

They always have some of this at the tent I go to at the HLSR. I am looking forward to having some more this year...good for hangovers and getting started again. :-)

Comment

This sounds real good. I'm gonna have to give it a try..Thanks for the recipe

Comment

This stuff is really good to take with you the night before opening day. I was the only one in the stand the next morning!

Comment

This stuff is amazing. I feel great today and slept good lastnite

Comment

Oh I'll be makin some of this!

Comment

I'll be sure to give this a try. Only for medicinal purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                              That was my exact reason as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                                Matter of fact...I feel a little cold a'comin on right now! cough...

Comment

Working...
                                X