Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all you build-it-yourself bow blind owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for all you build-it-yourself bow blind owners?

I am building the base of my 6x5 bow/gun blind this weekend out of 2.5 in angle iron and curious to know how and what other folks use on their setups. Currently I'm thinking of using like a 12-15 inch section of 2.5 or 3 in pipe welded to each corner of the base. Cutting a small hole in each peice of pipe and welding a large bolt nut over the hole, so then i can screw in the bolt to tighten the pipe i'll be using as legs for the stand. Any one have plans already made, etc. for the legs on this thing? I imagine with 2 (200lb guys)guys in the blind and the weight of the blind and base will be around a 1000 lbs at the very MAXIMUM.

Here's the link to the blind: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ad.php?t=38494

thank ya'll!
    Lee

One of the draw backs to welding a nut over the hole and putting the pipe in is that the bolt can sometimes crush the side of the pipe and allow it to slip. I like to weld the nut over the hole in the back and put a hole all the way thru both pieces of pipe and then put the bolt in. That way it wond crush the pipe and poss still fall out. (now I do this in lighter weight steel and alum.)

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have used door hinges in the past. Screw or weld one side to the blind and the other to the base. Once you have it all in place, pop in the hinge pin and it is secured. Would need 2 per wall.

CA

Comment

Working...
      X