Portable Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Deer Camp

So I've been planning this for several years and finally pulled the trigger a few months ago. We hunt 1200 acres about 20 miles SW of Pearsall and have always stayed in town and traveled back and forth to the lease daily. Not only do we spend a fortune on motel rooms, gas, and restaurants on each trip, but to me, camping out at the lease is one of the most enjoyable parts of having a place to hunt. Nothing better than a steak on the grill while I sit by the fire with a tall drink. We have water but no electricity at our "camp", but no one has actually stayed there in years. So instead of dragging a camper down there to leak, and get overrun with mice, I'm building a trailer where I know where all the holes are, and to my specs. Nothing fancy, but comfortable and solid. Still may get a leak or a mouse, but I will know all the hiding places. So knowing I just don't have all the time I need, I ordered the trailer insulated, with an rv style latch on the door,two windows and the roof vent braced for roof ac. I wanted to be able to haul my Polaris, so I ordered the trailer 8.5 x 18, with an extra 6" of heighth. I bought a camp shower for outside, and for the wife, I ordered a portable toilet. I did my home work and think I can run a Coleman Mach 3 power saver AC off my 2200 watt generator. I don't have it installed yet so only time will tell, but I have installed a 30 amp converter charger and should be able to run my necessities off 12 volt for a couple of days between charges. Future plans include at least a couple of hundred watt solar panels to keep the batteries charged. Just getting started good but trying to at least get it livable before my November vacation.
    Attached Files

Got the basic bed design figured out and put one in this weekend. I still have one to build. Electric is pretty much done with the exception of a couple more 12v lights.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Better than my first apt

Comment

You are going to want leveling jacks of some sort or a level parking spot. Trying to sleep on a slope sucks...

Comment

Looks good! I've been thinking of doing something similar.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Looks good. For your sink i have seen big water tank under the sink in the back with a water pump. Like this,

Seaflo 12V DC 1.2 GPM 35 PSI 21-Series Diaphragm Water Pressure Pump for Caravan/RV/Boat/Marine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DLKT4OO..._IKe.xbVAM1ATJ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool idea

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy_sleeper View Post
                  You are going to want leveling jacks of some sort or a level parking spot. Trying to sleep on a slope sucks...
                  Got stabilizers on the back. I'm thinking a couple of Jack stands and some blocks in the front. I've already got a level spot fixed up under dome mesquite trees.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

I like it. Nice

Comment

Looks good. In for the progress.

Comment

Awesome love this build

Comment

Bed in the "haul" position.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not too shabby. Have you thought of just using the solar/rechargeable lights for lighting? They charge during the day and provide several hours of light at night. Longer than you would usually use. That would save on the draw from your 12v source. Also propane powered lighting is available as well as water heating if you decided to use a large tote and pressure pump to have running water.

Comment

Working...
                              X