Tripod Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod Build

I have been wanting to build a semi-portable tripod stand for hunting trails and such in addition to not being stuck watching a feeder the entire time. Over the last week I finally broke ground so to speak. Wanting to keep the deck as clear as possible so I added in a recessed box for my pack, rattling horns or whatever else I decide to carry with me. More than once I have dropped gear when hunting a ladder or climbing stand and this will hopefully prevent that. There will be a plywood cover on hinges for the storage box and I plan on chamfering the edges so my boots will be less likely to catch. I also, offset the seat mount to provide more leg room. I am also hoping that being offset will give me a little better chance to hide behind cover while I draw. Then I could quietly rotate the seat into a clear shooting lane.
    Attached Files

Pretty cool, what are the platform dimensions? how high are you going to be up in the air?

Comment

I like the concept. Neat setup

Comment

Looks very nice and well thought out! Looks like it will be pretty heavy though.

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
          Pretty cool, what are the platform dimensions? how high are you going to be up in the air?
          The platform turned out a tad larger than intended. Each side is ~20" and the overall width is 48"x48". The legs will be 12' making the seat height about 13 1/2'.

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
          Looks very nice and well thought out! Looks like it will be pretty heavy though.

It isn't as heavy as it looks. I can handle it without much effort. The seat and arm just pull off which helps reduce weight while moving it.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Very cool, I like the design for the seat and gear box

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you get it up on the legs?

Comment

That's looking awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      How do you get it up on the legs?
                      It isn't quite done yet. I'll be using some 14ga 1 1/4" square tubing welded to the frame that the legs will slide into and will be held in place by pins. The ladder will be integrated as one of the three legs (hope to have this completed tomorrow, weather permitting). When setting it up, I will start at the platform and lift. Then work down the ladder toward the feet, increasing the angle until eventually gravity takes over. That's the same way I have set up my tandem barrel feeders and has worked so far.

Comment

That's a sweet tripod setup, I really need to start learning to weld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following!!!

Comment

That is really nice. But I might suggest maybe lining that box with some thin rubber or something to keep noise down. That expanded metal isn't exactly quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build, I like the recessed box a lot. Cant count the number of times I have knocked a water bottle or rattling horns off my platform with my feet. Cool design.

Comment

Working...
                              X