Trampoline????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trampoline????

My mother wants to buy my daughter an 8' trampoline for Christ-mas. I know they are an ER visit waiting to happen but what do you experienced parents say???? Daughter is 4 1/2...

MY NEIGHBORS had one for his girls.
    in 3 years there were 4 ambulances at his house.
    2 broken arms, an ankle i believe and neck injury (turn out to be nothing thank goodness)

Comment

My daughter loved hers never had any issues till big brother and friends toar it up just get and enclosure for it

Comment

My boys have had one for around 10 years and I am very thankful we have had zero injuries. I do recommend getting the one with the sides on it.

Comment

We never once had an injury. We even did the stupid stuff like wet it down and put soap on it.

Comment

Trampoline????

My girl is going to be 4 this year . She has had one since she has been 2 . She loves it . Insurance company got all bent out of shape when the found out about it .ours has a net and spring covers .

Comment

They have some new ones that are alot safer imo. No springs to get your leg stuck in, and a net all the way around. They are a little more expensive but probably worth it. You could still land funny but kids are kinda like rubber. My father was the dead set against them though, so I never had one. He had no issues with me doing 50mph on a 3 wheeler though :-p.

Comment

I don't have any problem with the trampoline, but you better check your homeowners ins to mare sure it will cover. I think there are a lot of polices that do not cover for trampoline accidents.

Bisch

Comment

Like others said, get the enclosure and spring pads and you will be good. My daughter has loved hers, and it gets them outside doing something.

Comment

My experience is they don't get used after the first month or so. Kinda like the wife buying a treadmill.

Comment

Daughter got hers with money she earned at 13. She has had it a couple of years with no injuries. We have a rule feet only. Her and her friends will go out there and lay on it and study or just talk more than jump.

Comment

I've been delaying getting my kids one for the same reason you stated....ER visit wating to happen. I can't even count how many kids I've seen get bones broken on those things. It seems to happen more often when multiple kids are jumping at the same time and when heavier kids jump with lighter kids

Comment

Never had a problem. Get the net around it and get one bigger than 8'. that's just not enough room to jump around.

On a side note...they used to be called jumpolines until my ex got on one.

Comment

My daughter has been in competitive cheer since she was 4...
                            I said NO NONONONONO literally thousands of times and forbid the purchase or acquisition of a trampoline , regardless of size or cost.
                            I went hunting.
                            Came home and one was setup in my backyard.
                            Wife smiled.
                            Daughter smiled bigger.
                            I sit on back patio, watch TV or firepit, drink beer and watch her practice her stunts.
                            Found life is simpler that way.

Comment

Daughter has had one for 3 years now. No incidents but also don't allow just anyone to get on it and no ignorant stuff. It has a net around it.
                              But against the wifes better judgement I may or may not have injured myself on it

Comment

Working...
                              X