ID:	24354284Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419615299.003988.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	24354285

Time to go play...

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      It's night vision. It is not x-ray vision. When they come out with the model that sees through trees, I'll be first in line to pay with my Martian dollars.
      Understand it's night vision. But in my part of country it's common to hunt thick timber and have feeders at end of lanes cut out of timber mostly pines. From what. I saw so far seems timber caused lot of without a external .IR may help and am sure I will get better at operating focus and controls on scope . Seems most tests are done in open areas and the wash out is not as much a problem in south or west Texas areas with long senderos

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
        [ATTACH]681231[/ATTACH][ATTACH]681232[/ATTACH]

Time to go play...
        Awsome rig

Comment

Originally posted by bearhunter View Post
          Awsome rig
          THANKS!!

took a while to get it all put together, but I'm pretty giddy about the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
            THANKS!!

took a while to get it all put together, but I'm pretty giddy about the possibilities.
            What caliber u running. I have a 6.8 for main hog slayer

Comment

Understand it's night vision. But in my part of country it's common to hunt thick timber and have feeders at end of lanes cut out of timber mostly pines. From what. I saw so far seems timber caused lot of without a external .IR may help and am sure I will get better at operating focus and controls on scope . Seems most tests are done in open areas and the wash out is not as much a problem in south or west Texas areas with long senderos

Jason has an IR light with a zoom feature that will let you focus the beam really narrow. You could use that and turn off the onboard IR.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Jason has an IR light with a zoom feature that will let you focus the beam really narrow. You could use that and turn off the onboard IR.
                Yes something of that type may be helpful in my area. Jason is only about two hours south of me, am sure this has been dealt with before. And am sure I will improve on using scope, focus and such . Frankly in my part of Texas 60 yards will make many kills and I'd about average distance in timber. We do have some power right of ways and cow pastures so I would like 100 plus yards when I need it. I will look into some .IR, s see what Jason recommends , thanks for any and all advice I just took photon out of box Monday. Still learning for sure

Comment

What caliber u running. I have a 6.8 for main hog slayer

That gun there is a .308

I'm building a 300 Blackout SBR that I think would be a hoot with that scope on it at night with subs.

Comment

What mounts are y'all using for the photon 4.6?

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post

You've got some reading to do. It's all in this thread, and some in the one Jason started in the Classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post

For now, I'm using the sightmark QD mounts. Haven't zeroed the 4.6 so I don't know how well they hold a zero, but when I had the 3.5, I took it off and reattached it and it held a zero fine.

Comment

Sighted my photon in today. Had a blast used 1 inch utg rings .going to use this 6.8 as night rig got .AR 10 in works for the day hog slayer. From what I saw today day shot at 100 yards will be no problem. Can't wait to get run of lease when deer season ends . Try my first night hog hunt with photon

Comment

Sighted my photon in today. Had a blast used 1 inch utg rings .going to use this 6.8 as night rig got .AR 10 in works for the day hog slayer. From what I saw today day shot at 100 yards will be no problem. Can't wait to get run of lease when deer season ends . Try my first night hog hunt with photon

Thought it was a 30mm tube?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                              Thought it was a 30mm tube?

It is absolutely 30mm.

Comment

Yes y'all are right they are right 30 mm . I stand corrected

Comment

Working...
                                X