No announcement yet.

350 Legend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was designed for the straight wall cartridge states. Winchester fumbled, as usual. They use a bullet diameter of .355, or 9mm, for the round. 357 or 358 would have made more sense, due to the wide availability of bullets in those sizes. Reloaders have found that trying to use the bigger diameter bullets may give you ammo that won't chamber. One thing that makes the round appealing to me is ammo cost. Ten bucks a box for fmj blasting ammo and $20 for 180 grain hunting ammo isn't bad. I just rebarreled a blackout AR that saw little use to one of these. Barrel and buy 2 mags, good to go. Will update when I get the chance to fire it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
      I have been doing quite a bit of research on it and I’m going to wait a year or so to see if they come out in a lever action before I get an AR in it. I will get one in the end I would just rather have one in lever action first
      Why not get a 357?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Why not get a 357?
        I have a 45 lc lever action that fits that category it stays in my truck. 350 legend would just be a neat deal in a lever action

Comment

I have been doing quite a bit of research on it and I’m going to wait a year or so to see if they come out in a lever action before I get an AR in it. I will get one in the end I would just rather have one in lever action first
          Kinda doubt you will see it in a levergun unless it is a Browning BLR or Henry Long Ranger not positive but pressure is probably to hot for conventional lever guns

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
            Kinda doubt you will see it in a levergun unless it is a Browning BLR or Henry Long Ranger not positive but pressure is probably to hot for conventional lever guns
            And it would have to be loaded with RN, HP or similar bullets, so you wouldn’t get the benefit of pointy bullets.

Comment

Will make a **** fine lever gun

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                Will make a **** fine lever gun

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

I don’t disagree but what will it do that the old 35 Remington won’t do except maybe easier to find ammo and probably cheaper ammo?

Comment

I don’t disagree but what will it do that the old 35 Remington won’t do except maybe easier to find ammo and probably cheaper ammo?

I agree with also 30-30 , 444 45/70. But In states that ONLY allow straight wall this will be good. Especially for a Women or a kid. Am I going to run out and buy one? No. Will I buy one if it comes out in a lever gun? I don’t know. I wish it took the .357 cal bullet. I have 1000s of bullets that I could reload in it.

Comment

Read the whole article yesterday. I won't buy one but think it would be killer in E Texas in a lever gun................

Comment

In states that don’t allow bottle necked rounds for deer hunting like
                      Indiana and Ohio it will outsell the Grendel and should be the best AR platform rifle for them up there
                      This. It was really targeted for the Midwest.

Comment

I have a 45-70 and a 45 lc lever action but I don’t have a in between and so my “want” def outweighs my “need” for this caliber
                        It would just be something neat

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          This. It was really targeted for the Midwest.
                          I agree

Comment

It uses a .223 brass so ammo is going to be comparatively priced. I'm interested as well for my daughter to use.

Comment

I have read most of the articles about it and will be building a building another AR for it, seems like a sweet little round.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                                Funny how it is basically a 357 Maximum which is was one of the best silhouette rounds ever but us now obsolete. But put it in an AR and it is the best thing ever made.
                                Mad Max is a great hunting round if you reload, the old discontinued 180gr Nosler .357 partition in it is a deadly combination. When I run out of the partitions I might go to the 180gr Swift A-Frame.

I have a 14 inch 357 Max Contender barrel and a uger Super Blackhawk in the 357 Max. Secrete to not getting the flame cutting on the topstrap is use an extruded powder like AA5744 you lose a little velocity compared to H110 but it will be kinder to revolvers

Comment

Working...
                                X