Attention Texas ASA Shooter !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Texas ASA Shooter !!!!

We will be starting all 2013 remaining Texas ASA Federation events after June 1 at 9:00am.

We did this last year at the request of the shooters to beat the heat. I did not hear any complaints so we are going to do it again this year. This will get us finished an hour earlier in the afternoon when it really starts to get hot.

Please join the Texas ASA Federation Facebook page and follow us @Mike_TracySmith on Twitter for information about shoots, weather conditions, schedule changes etc.

Info will still be posted here on TBH.com as well.

Thanks !!!!
    Mike & Tracy

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Sounds good.
      I remember snow cones to beat the heat! Hint hint

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

I was ready to start at 8am in May. Something to think about in 2014.

Comment

thanks for the heads up Mike and Tracy.

Comment

Yes, you heard at least one complaint ....

And, TT - an 8 oclock start makes it even harder for those driving in to get to it on time.

Comment

I like the 9:00 start, despite the fact that some of these later shoots are a bit farther from home.....if it was 8:00, I'd never make it on time!! I'm a night owl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

And, TT - an 8 oclock start makes it even harder for those driving in to get to it on time.
                  Wasn't meant as a complaint, just saying what I would prefer, but I'm not the majority and I'm happy to go along with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

Excuse me.

Please explain why starting at 9:00am is problem.

Let me explain our stance.

1. We based our decision on the requests of many shooters to start earlier in June and July.

2. We also based our decision on the fact that in very hot conditions ASA Pro/Ams have started both days at 8:00am.

3. We based our decision on fact that it was 112 degrees when we left the shoot at Young County in 2011 and over 100 degrees in 2012.

4. We based our decision on the protecting our shooters from extremely hot late afternoon conditions.

Comment

9am works fine with our bunch. It's very hard to please everyone, but I think for the safety and good health of everyone......it's a wise decision. Having gone through heat exhaustion several years ago, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. And I thought at that time that I was in pretty good shape. Hot temps are nothing to be messed with, and every effort counts so that we can all have an enjoyable time in the woods and on the course with our friends.

See y'all Saturday morning!

Comment

9 am start means we will get home sooner!
                        We are usually there by 8:30 for a 10 start anyway.
                        Probably just leave 30 mins earlier and get there at 8.
                        See ya there.

Comment

I have put reminders on Facebook and Twitter about the 9:00am start time for ALL events for the rest of the 2013 season. We also have a reminder on the Texas ASA Federation website......So when ol' Joe Bow rolls in at 9:36 and 12 seconds to register and you guys are 3 targets into your round and he wants to chew on my butt.....I am going to listen to it for about 3/10ths of a second before he gets a response he will not be real happy about.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            Excuse me.

Please explain why starting at 9:00am is problem.

Let me explain our stance.

1. We based our decision on the requests of many shooters to start earlier in June and July.

2. We also based our decision on the fact that in very hot conditions ASA Pro/Ams have started both days at 8:00am.

3. We based our decision on fact that it was 112 degrees when we left the shoot at Young County in 2011 and over 100 degrees in 2012.

4. We based our decision on the protecting our shooters from extremely hot late afternoon conditions.
                            " the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

-Spock

Comment

I like the 9 am start time especially in the hotter months.

Comment

Working...
                              X