Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #51
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
No, just the investigation being overseen by the guy with balls enough to stand up to Trump. I'm sure if he fires enough Attorney Generals, FBI Directors, and National Security Advisors.....he will eventually find some folks to start thinking the RIGHT WAY.

Playing devils advocate since you think firing all these folks has no affect on the next people in line to do the investigations.
So you think he should keep Obama appointees? Let's get freaking real!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #52
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
No, just the investigation being overseen by the guy with balls enough to stand up to Trump. I'm sure if he fires enough Attorney Generals, FBI Directors, and National Security Advisors.....he will eventually find some folks to start thinking the RIGHT WAY.

Playing devils advocate since you think firing all these folks has no affect on the next people in line to do the investigations.
Balls enough to stand up to Trump but not Hillary? That's laughable at best.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #53
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Balls enough to stand up to Trump but not Hillary? That's laughable at best.
So you think comey is pro-hillary? Thought that is why all the dems wanted him fired. Didn't they???? He kept her from being elected.

Which one is it? Did the dems want him fired because he was pro-trump or pro-hillary?
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #54
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
So you think comey is pro-hillary? Thought that is why all the dems wanted him fired. Didn't they???? He kept her from being elected.

Which one is it? Did the dems want him fired because he was pro-trump or pro-hillary?
Were charges filed against Hillary with all the evidence against her? Comey even said she broke federal law. That went away. Tell me about Comey's balls. You do know of the history between Comey and the Clintons, right?
Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #55
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Were charges filed against Hillary with all the evidence against her? Comey even said she broke federal law. That went away. Tell me about Comey's balls. You do know of the history between Comey and the Clintons, right?
You are the one that asked several times already "Did or did not the democrats want Comey fired?" You use that as an argument to say it is ok that he was fired. Then come back and say he is helping hillary. Why would the dems want to fire someone that is so in favor of their cause? It must be confusing for you. Now you have a glimmer into how Spicer feels every day. Poor guy. Trying to keep up with all the tweets and missteps of his boss.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #56
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

Please enlighten us all.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #57
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
You do know of the history between Comey Trump and the Clintons, right?
Please enlighten us.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #58
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
[/b]

Please enlighten us all.
Look it up! There are many articles.

The dems wanted Comey fired because he brought up the new Wikileaks's emails during the election. He has been CYA for months, trying to straddle the fence to avail.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #59
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Rex Tillerson didn't physically drill wells but he gives the ok to drill wells in a general area.

Would you agree?

I would assume he has a team in place that makes those decisions. As a CEO he wouldn't be around long if he was micromanaging where every well will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #60
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
If you're the chief of police

It's not wise to fire the guy who leads IA in the middle of you being investigated for something crooked.

It's bad optics.

Please understand and I wish the media would too, Trump does not give 2 ****s about optics.

J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #61
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Please understand and I wish the media would too, Trump does not give 2 ****s about optics.

He either doesn't care or can't help himself at times. TBD
Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #62
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
Hank Hill said the investigation was closed 3 weeks ago and Flynn was cleared. Guess we can all breathe easy
The current special council Robert Mueller is investigating Russia's involvement in the election process, not Michael Flynn's. If there is an ongoing investigation into Flynn that you know about (outside of DNC Imaginationland) I'd like to hear it.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #63
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

But but but but...Lol!! Some of y'all are hysterical!

Trump said he was going to shake up Washington to its core and that is EXACTLY what he's doing. I'm personally loving every second of it....GO TRUMP!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #64
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
The current special council Robert Mueller is investigating Russia's involvement in the election process, not Michael Flynn's. If there is an ongoing investigation into Flynn that you know about (outside of DNC Imaginationland) I'd like to hear it.
I could be wrong but seems like the whole supposed conversation/memo where Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation had something to do with Flynn and Russia. I feel like that is still being investigated for some reason.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #65
Hank Hill
Six Point

The origin of that entire memo story is from a New York Times article. I'm borrowing some text from a Daily Caller article that addresses the holes in the story:

First, the report concedes that the Times has not “viewed a copy of the memo,” despite the fact that the Times says memo itself “is unclassified.” If the memo is unclassified, then that raises several questions. Why did the Times not press the source for a copy of the memo? Why did the Times not seek a copy through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) before publishing? If it was truly unclassified, then the Times stood a decent chance of having the memo released.

Second, if Times’s story is true and what President Trump did amounted to obstruction of justice, then Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe likely committed perjury. Before Comey was fired, McCabe was the Deputy Director of the FBI, one of four “senior staff” positions and also the Bureau’s second-in-command. The Times report alleges that Comey “shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates,” which means that McCabe knew about the memo on May 11 when he testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee about the Russia investigation. During his testimony, Senator Marco Rubio and McCabe (who was under oath) had the following exchange:

RUBIO: Mr. McCabe, can you without going into the specific of any individual investigation, I think the American people want to know, has the dismissal of Mr. Comey in any way impeded, interrupted, stopped or negatively impacted any of the work, any investigation, or any ongoing projects at the Federal Bureau of Investigations?

MCCABE: As you know, Senator, the work of the men and women of the FBI continues despite any changes in circumstance, any decisions. So there has been no effort to impede our investigation today. Quite simply put sir, you cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing, protecting the American people, and upholding the Constitution.

If the Times’s report is true, including the implication that the President obstructed justice, then the President’s critics are in a double bind: Either
McCabe committed perjury when he said “there has been no effort to impede” the investigation; OR McCabe did not consider the statements of the President to constitute an “effort to impeded” the investigation, which would mean no senior FBI officials viewed the President’s statements as an attempt to obstruct justice.

The Times reported that Comey, without material qualification, informed “senior” officials. Only four individuals within the FBI’s ranks are given “senior” titles, according to the FBI’s own website. Accordingly, if the Times’s report is true, then it is inconceivable that McCabe did not know about the memo when he testified that no interference with the investigation has occurred.

Third, the four statements in question that Comey alleges Trump said do not in any way amount of obstruction of justice. Moreover, those seeking to compare the allegations in the memo to Watergate are off the mark.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #66
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
But but but but...Lol!! Some of y'all are hysterical!

Trump said he was going to shake up Washington to its core and that is EXACTLY what he's doing. I'm personally loving every second of it....GO TRUMP!!!

This is dumb.
Shaking something up but getting nothing done.
This is worse than before because we at least got some output for our input.
As it stands now we are getting zero ROI from this administration.

It may be some "feel good" headlines but nothing is sticking or helping our pocketbooks.
Just nothing but a string of TMZ articles.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #67
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
As it stands now we are getting zero ROI from this administration.
I'd say the appointment of Neil Gorsuch is a good enough ROI on his presidency to justify his entire 4 years in office. But he has also signed a slew of EO's targeted at reducing the trade deficit and expanding oil and gas exploration. Oh, and illegal immigration has plummeted and deportation of illegals has skyrocketed.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #68
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'd say the appointment of Neil Gorsuch is a good enough ROI on his presidency to justify his entire 4 years in office. But he has also signed a slew of EO's targeted at reducing the trade deficit and expanding oil and gas exploration. Oh, and illegal immigration has plummeted and deportation of illegals has skyrocketed.
The unemployment rate has also plummeted. I haven't been this busy putting people to work since the George Bush days...that is a FACT. I'm not about to get into a pizzing contest with anyone one here but love watching the heads roll. It seems like a few on here need to get their heads out of the internet for awhile, go wet a line and enjoy feeling like an American again. Go Trump!!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #69
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I agree with you that the Gorsuch appointment was very good. Doesn't justify the remainder of his presidency. But the rest of that sounds a lot like fake news
Old 05-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #70
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
I agree with you that the Gorsuch appointment was very good. Doesn't justify the remainder of his presidency. But the rest of that sounds a lot like fake news
Executive Order on April 29, 2017
Presidential Executive Order Addressing Trade Agreement Violations and Abuses

Executive Order on April 29, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Establishment of Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy

Executive Order on April 28, 2017
Presidential Executive Order Implementing an America-First Offshore Energy Strategy

Executive Order on April 25, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Promoting Agriculture and Rural Prosperity in America

Executive Order on April 21, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Identifying and Reducing Tax Regulatory Burdens

Executive Order on April 18, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Buy American and Hire American

Executive Order on March 31, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Establishing Enhanced Collection and Enforcement of Antidumping and Countervailing Duties and Violations of Trade and Customs Laws

Executive Order on March 31, 2017
Presidential Executive Order Regarding the Omnibus Report on Significant Trade Deficits

Executive Order on March 28, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth

Executive Order on February 24, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda

Executive Order on February 03, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System

Executive Order on January 30, 2017
Presidential Executive Order on Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs

Executive Order on January 25, 2017
Executive Order: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ecutive-orders

Illegal Border Crossings down 67% through March
Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-under-trump/

41,000 Deportations of Illegal Aliens in First 100 Days
Source: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...trump-n2328203

So you, tell me, is that fake news too?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #71
LWC
Ten Point

Yep, fake news. Just like THE WALL and Cruz' dad killed JFK.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #72
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
Old 05-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #73
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
The unemployment rate has also plummeted.
what calculation is he using?
same one obama used?
that FAKE method?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #74
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Still bitter about Hillary losing?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #75
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
same one obama used?
that FAKE method?
Well if they both used the same FAKE method, then it would still be down. In fact, that would be the most accurate method for measurable change.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #76
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
That is my point. He wasn't serious about the wall, Cruz' dad shooting JFK, lots of things. But he got enough people to believe him. Guess that is all that counts anymore. Now all news is fake unless it is in support of trump. But at least he is not a politician. He's regular folk like the rest of us
Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #77
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
That is my point. He wasn't serious about the wall, Cruz' dad shooting JFK, lots of things. But he got enough people to believe him. Guess that is all that counts anymore. Now all news is fake unless it is in support of trump. But at least he is not a politician. He's regular folk like the rest of us
I didn't know Cruz' dad worked for LBJ.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #78
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
What makes you think he's not serious about the wall? Because they didnt build a 2,000 mile long border wall in 100 days? They've been taking bids for the last 2 months for wall proposals. If the wall budget isn't approved in September I might get concerned, but pegging the border wall as some sort of failed policy after Trump has been in office for less than 5 months is a joke.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #79
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
same one obama used?
that FAKE method?

Someone get this guy a padded room!

I sure enjoyed standing at attention before my boys baseball games this past Spring listening to the Star Spangled Banner with pride restored in my soul. Every time after it played I would turn around in the stands and yell, "It sure feels good to feel like an American again," and in unison the crowd would yell out a big "Hell Yea!!!". Go Trump!!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #80
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Someone get this guy a padded room!

I sure enjoyed standing at attention before my boys baseball games this past Spring listening to the Star Spangled Banner with pride restored in my soul. Every time after it played I would turn around in the stands and yell, "It sure feels good to feel like an American again," and in unison the crowd would yell out a big "Hell Yea!!!". Go Trump!!
I saw that on the news. Sounded pretty cool except for the part about the crowd was all guys and during the chant they were all holding hands while looking longingly into each others eyes. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I don't judge
Old 05-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #81
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
I saw that on the news. Sounded pretty cool except for the part about the crowd was all guys and during the chant they were all holding hands while looking longingly into each others eyes. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I don't judge
HUGE fail. My son goes to Conroe High School where he is the minority. Try again.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #82
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
HUGE fail. My son goes to Conroe High School where he is the minority. Try again.
Hey, I got no problem if all the dads like to sit together and hold hands. None of my business really. Just seemed a strange way to watch a game. But why not let the moms and dads sit together?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #83
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hey, I got no problem if all the dads like to sit together and hold hands. None of my business really. Just seemed a strange way to watch a game. But why not let the moms and dads sit together?
Hey, if you can't get them with your conspiracies, I guess jabbing at their manhood is plan B for you?Silly person.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #84
LWC
Ten Point

Get this guy a padded room.

Sorry, just hackin' on ya Billy. We's just hackin'. No hard feelings.

Last edited by LWC; 05-18-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #85
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:

Absolutely the weakest sauce I have seen yet my man. Huge congrats.

You know I'm right...it sucks don't it? Own it son.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #86
bollomb
Eight Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Quote:
typical troll, cant prove any facts so go to personal jabs.. Judging by your posts if there is a queer on this thread its def you
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #87
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollomb View Post
typical troll, cant prove any facts so go to personal jabs.. Judging by your posts if there is a queer on this thread its def you
Easy there chief. Johnny and I are giving each other a hard time. He can handle himself. Now get back outside and play with your Altuve bobblehead
Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #88
bollomb
Eight Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Quote:
Easy there chief. Johnny and I are giving each other a hard time. He can handle himself. Now get back outside and play with your Altuve bobblehead
haha you almost made a funny there .. Enjoy that view from 2nd 8.5 games back, you're gonna be there for a while
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #89
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
Definitely giving you a hard time but seeing you fall in line with the diesel drenched red rags on msnbc/cnn headlines makes a true blooded American like myself wonder about you with your comments. Call it what you want (yes, everyone has a point of view) but the comments I have seen from you and a few others is down right asinine. Go Trump!

Last edited by Johnny; 05-18-2017 at 02:58 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #90
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollomb View Post
haha you almost made a funny there .. Enjoy that view from 2nd 8.5 games back, you're gonna be there for a while
Good thing it is a long season. I got some time.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #91
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Definitely giving you a hard time but seeing you fall in line with the diesel drenched red rags on msnbc/cnn headlines makes a true blooded American like myself wonder about you with your comments. Call it what you want (yes, everyone has a point of view) but the comments I have seen from you and a few others is down right asinine. Go Trump!
My blood is as red as yours and I'm a conservative, but don't believe trump is. I pray he makes decisions that are good for out country, even if they are bad for trump. Time will tell and I'll be watching. I'm sure you and I agree on lots of issues, but trump ain't one. Hope he proves me wrong. Take care.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #92
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I know, right?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #93
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
What makes you think he's not serious about the wall? Because they didnt build a 2,000 mile long border wall in 100 days? They've been taking bids for the last 2 months for wall proposals. If the wall budget isn't approved in September I might get concerned, but pegging the border wall as some sort of failed policy after Trump has been in office for less than 5 months is a joke.
Anyone want to place a wager that even if Trump paid for and built this wall we would still have these same guys on here bashing Trump?

Come on, it's a safe bet I promise
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #94
Hank Hill
Six Point

Boy this thread got off the rails.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #95
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Anyone want to place a wager that even if Trump paid for and built this wall we would still have these same guys on here bashing Trump?

Not speaking of anyone in this thread, but this is the entire basis of the #resist movement; its desperately latching on to every fabricated controversy regardless of its merit, to undermine POTUS.

Repubs did their best to do the same thing to Obama, but they didn't have the lib controlled media at their back - so it's hard to get too angry about it. I'm just surprised anyone still believes the MSM. If the past election cycle didn't prove that there is blatantly obvious media collusion then you're just dumb or willfully ignorant. Luckly (most of) the folks here seem to be aware of that fact.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #96
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I'll admit it. I would. Not because it is Trump's idea, but because it is a bad idea. There are much more effective ways to control illegal immigration...and much cheaper too. But nobody wants to talk about enforcing our laws on actual employers - that give these illegals a reason to come over here - a job. Trump gets you focused on THE WALL....and you eat it up. Enforce the laws and you don't need a wall. They will find a way under/over/around a wall if they still have the incentive of a job when they get here. Believe dat!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #97
Johnny
Pope & Young

Quote:
My blood is as red as yours and I'm a conservative, but don't believe trump is. I pray he makes decisions that are good for out country, even if they are bad for trump. Time will tell and I'll be watching. I'm sure you and I agree on lots of issues, but trump ain't one. Hope he proves me wrong. Take care.
Alright alright alright...let's go ahead and admit that your dislike for Trump clearly has muddied up your thought process. You will NEVER admit that he will prove you wrong because he already has going back on past posts of yours. Move along my friend.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #98
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Alright alright alright...let's go ahead and admit that your dislike for Trump clearly has muddied up your thought process. You will NEVER admit that he will prove you wrong because he already has going back on past posts of yours. Move along my friend.

He can't help it. He's Trumpaphobic.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #99
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
He has already made more decisions to benefit the country in 3 months than obama did in 8 years, probably as many as W made in 8 years but he will have a much harder time going forward because of non stop fake news and gutless republicans.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #100
LWC
Ten Point

You three might want to start up a trump koolaid bidness. I'm sure it would be a money maker. If y'all just took a sip every time you fantasize about the great one....it would be too big to fail