Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #1
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba
Default Go Trump!

Just throwing one out there.

Amazing how national TV stations can blast Trump and accuse him of treason etc with a lot of maybe's.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I have said for many years that historians 200 years down the road will write that the fall of America will lay on the hands of the media.
Media has always been bias but they have not always activly worked to overthrow a sitting president or party. Bill clinton allowed china to buy from an American company the technology to improve their missle and satellite programs, obama secured irans ability to build nuclear weapons and paid them hundreds of billions of dollars. Hillary activily sold her influence in gov. Committed thousands of criminal acts (as each email is its own crime) All this and not one critical word.
Trump can only fight them alone for so long and i dont see the republicans joining his fight against the establishment
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Not sure why Trumps team is still playing nice with the media. Every time a network runs a fake story they should call them out at the press briefings and excuse every reporter from that network for 30 days from the white house pool.

Their plan is obviously to keep him under investigation from day 1 onward and keep the waters muddy so nothing gets done. Republicans are in on it as well, they are complicit by sitting back and watching what is ultimately a shared goal of seeing him fail.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Maybe part of this crap is self inflicted? The swamp has gotten deeper and nastier in the last 100+ days.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

All I know is I will go ballistic if they actually impeach Trump after letting the others slide by after doing much more things with much more evidence.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humper View Post
Maybe part of this crap is self inflicted? The swamp has gotten deeper and nastier in the last 100+ days.
How's that?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
Traildust
Pope & Young

I turned the news off about a month ago.....life got so much better!

Turned the news back on and nothing has changed.
Just disconnect for a little while.....It'll do you good. The shatpile will still be here when you get back. Promise.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
All I know is I will go ballistic if they actually impeach Trump after letting the others slide by after doing much more things with much more evidence.
There is a GOP majority in every level.
If he gets impeached it's because he's not liked by his own.
We elected him because he said he could "get the deal done"
If he gets impeached, it means he's not as good as he said (or thought) he was.
Part of getting any deal closed is by having the other side (and those around you) like you enough to sign on the dotted line and to the terms that you agree to.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Not sure why Trumps team is still playing nice with the media. Every time a network runs a fake story they should call them out at the press briefings and excuse every reporter from that network for 30 days from the white house pool.

Their plan is obviously to keep him under investigation from day 1 onward and keep the waters muddy so nothing gets done. Republicans are in on it as well, they are complicit by sitting back and watching what is ultimately a shared goal of seeing him fail.
LOL
Republicans are the ones STARTING the investigations/allegations and adding fuel to the fire.
They're not simply idle.

You think John McCain or Rubio are Trump's friend?

And if Trump banned media from covering him it'll be worse because he'll have shades of Hitler surrounding him.

Trump needs better people.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #10
100%TtId
Ten Point

The alligators don't want their swamp drained and will fight to the end to keep it as is. Did anyone really expect the Dems to just go quietly because Trump is in charge?
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #11
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
The alligators don't want their swamp drained and will fight to the end to keep it as is. Did anyone really expect the Dems to just go quietly because Trump is in charge?
GOP has control.
Why are they not falling in line with the leader of their party?
That's called a mutiny.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #12
CoolArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr county

^^^exactly! Why not defend the potus! Bunch of spineless, chicken**its. Sad that not even his own party speaks up! Trump ain't perfect, but dang it support him!!
CoolArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #13
Hank Hill
Six Point

It just shows that the neocons were complicit globalists from the get-go.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #14
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
It just shows that the neocons were complicit globalists from the get-go.
So what are we going to do about it?
Who are the elected representatives in your area?
Can we throw them all out?

What's the process?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #15
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolArrow View Post
^^^exactly! Why not defend the potus! Bunch of spineless, chicken**its. Sad that not even his own party speaks up! Trump ain't perfect, but dang it support him!!
How many Dems came asking for Obama's birth certificate when 50% of GOP was demanding he provide proof?

Zero.

How many GOP are backing Dems when they demand Trump release his tax records, release those Comey tapes, or allow that Flynn/Russia investigation to continue?

Several
Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #16
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
How many Dems came asking for Obama's birth certificate when 50% of GOP was demanding he provide proof?

Zero.

How many GOP are backing Dems when they demand Trump release his tax records, release those Comey tapes, or allow that Flynn/Russia investigation to continue?

Several
You seem to be implying that they have differing agendas. The globalists are in both parties.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #17
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
LOL
Republicans are the ones STARTING the investigations/allegations and adding fuel to the fire.
They're not simply idle.

You think John McCain or Rubio are Trump's friend?

And if Trump banned media from covering him it'll be worse because he'll have shades of Hitler surrounding him.

Trump needs better people.
Whoa slow your role their bud, not sure how we got to John McCain or Rubio out of what I posted. All establishment wants Trump gone, that is obvious and has been from the beginning. I don't think their is a single human on the planet of any political party that hates Trump more than McCain to include the evil witch that lost.

In terms of banning the media, how could it possibly get worse? They already paint him as Hitler at every turn.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #18
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
In terms of banning the media, how could it possibly get worse? They already paint him as Hitler at every turn.
Agreed, POTUS's best play here is to let them drown in their own hysterical doomsday predictions/lies that will inevitably prove to be false.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #19
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

If Trump didn't say and tweet dumb ***** it would help him a lot. He seems more concerned with what people think of him than anything else. If he would just quit feeding the Russian conspiracy crap, it would go away but no, he has to add fuel to the fire with Comey and with his meeting with Lavrov. What's next?
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #20
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
If Trump didn't say and tweet dumb ***** it would help him a lot. He seems more concerned with what people think of him than anything else. If he would just quit feeding the Russian conspiracy crap, it would go away but no, he has to add fuel to the fire with Comey and with his meeting with Lavrov. What's next?
The only "evidence" of the Russia conspiracy with the Comey meeting is some internal memo that no one has seen, coming from a guy that got fired - yeah, no reason at all to be suspicious of that (sarcasm implied but also stated herein)

And the only info Trump purportedly "leaked" to Lavrov was warning them about ISIS using laptop bombs on commercial airliners. The only reason the completely bogus Russia conspiracy theory has legs is because of the bedwetting liberal bootlickers of WaPo and CNN. Bannon was not kidding when he said the media is the opposition party and they are not going to go quietly.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #21
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

Quote:
The only "evidence" of the Russia conspiracy with the Comey meeting is some internal memo that no one has seen, coming from a guy that got fired - yeah, no reason at all to be suspicious of that (sarcasm implied but also stated herein)

And the only info Trump purportedly "leaked" to Lavrov was warning them about ISIS using laptop bombs on commercial airliners. The only reason the completely bogus Russia conspiracy theory has legs is because of the bedwetting liberal bootlickers of WaPo and CNN. Bannon was not kidding when he said the media is the opposition party and they are not going to go quietly.
I agree that the media is keeping the fire burning but why does Trump keep giving them stuff to work with? He could have made a deal with Comey to quietly resign. He could have told the Russians about laptop bombs through the usual channels (spy to spy) and it would have stayed under the radar. He is incompetent when it comes to public relations.
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #22
Hank Hill
Six Point

The media will just fabricate controversy in absence of evidence. There isn't a positive strategy in dealing with them as they are literal enemies of the state. Again, I think he is doing exactly what he needs to do and that is to continue to fulfill his agenda and let the media drown in their own tears.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #23
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
He is incompetent when it comes to public relations.
And yet he made billions in the public relations business
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #24
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

It is ironic that you don't see anything suspicious about Trump firing the person in charge of the FBI.....who is leading the investigation regarding Flynn/Russia. Yet you find it suspicious that the guy kept a memo of a meeting where the president supposedly asked him to stop the investigation. I don't know which one is telling the truth, but I try to look at it from both perspectives.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #25
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
It is ironic that you don't see anything suspicious about Trump firing the person in charge of the FBI.....who is leading the investigation regarding Flynn/Russia. Yet you find it suspicious that the guy kept a memo of a meeting where the president supposedly asked him to stop the investigation. I don't know which one is telling the truth, but I try to look at it from both perspectives.
I wonder if Comey still has the memo from Obama telling him to stand down on the Hillary investigation. I don't trust any of them but in my opinion I don't think Trump has done anything wrong.
Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #26
Hank Hill
Six Point

Quote:
The FBI had cleared Flynn of wrongdoing and closed their investigation 3 weeks prior to Trump's meeting with Comey, so the suspicion is misplaced if its concerning that particular investigation.

(Straight from the donkey's mouth: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.443636ceb77a)

As far as optics go, I don't know that there would have ever been a good time to fire Comey, but it needed to happen nonetheless.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #27
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 7 View Post
I wonder if Comey still has the memo from Obama telling him to stand down on the Hillary investigation. I don't trust any of them but in my opinion I don't think Trump has done anything wrong.

I guess that is where we differ. I really don't trust ANY of them. You say you don't trust any of them but Trump has done nothing wrong. Sounds like you trust Trump.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #28
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's ironic that you believe Comey was leading the investigation.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #29
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
If not Comey, who was leading the investigation?
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #30
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
If not Comey, who was leading the investigation?
The Sr. Criminal investigator assigned to the case. Comey investigates nothing as the Head of the FBI, he has no case load.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #31
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that Comey was leading the investigation. But that the FBI was, which he was leading. I can see where that may not have been clear.
But in any case, as director he has a lot of influence on what gets investigated and how.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #32
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Not too mention the Commie wrote the memo 3months before he got the axe.
Not too mention the guy that fired him knew he Saud things he shouldn't have so he told him to give him the tapes of their convo so he could destroy them.

But WaPo makes all of this stuff up and then Trump goes behind them and tweets about it which verifies all these lies that WaPo has started
Old 05-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #33
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
In a organization the director usually directs everything under him.
My CIO doesn't know all the nitty gritty of what I do on the day to day but he does greenlight major projects I'm working on because they need to be funded and track towards the overall goal of the company (which he is the one that determines)

We have monthly reviews and QBR that give him high level status checks on all projects and how they are trekking towards our overall company's goal.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #34
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
The Sr. Criminal investigator assigned to the case. Comey investigates nothing as the Head of the FBI, he has no case load.

Rex Tillerson didn't physically drill wells but he gives the ok to drill wells in a general area.
Would you agree?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #35
Ironman
Pope & Young

So are you guys implying that because Comey was fired, that the investigation will cease? If not, then what's the point y'all are trying make?

My point is, you have no point whatsoever. The dems were calling for Comey's head, but now it's a problem? There is absolutely no logic in this way of thinking.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #36
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 7 View Post
Someone sure as heck fire had to have told him to stand down on the Hillary investigation. 10x...heck maybe 50 times more evidence on her and they do nothing.

Just imagine the storm if Trump does just one bad thing equal to what Hillary did.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #37
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
[/b]

I guess that is where we differ. I really don't trust ANY of them. You say you don't trust any of them but Trump has done nothing wrong. Sounds like you trust Trump.
I would trust a man that doesn't need money over any career politician that's a proven lying POS.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #38
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
So are you guys implying that because Comey was fired, that the investigation will cease? If not, then what's the point y'all are trying make?

My point is, you have no point whatsoever. The dems were calling for Comey's head, but now it's a problem? There is absolutely no logic in this way of thinking.

If you're the chief of police
It's not wise to fire the guy who leads IA in the middle of you being investigated for something crooked.

It's bad optics.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #39
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:

Hank Hill said the investigation was closed 3 weeks ago and Flynn was cleared. Guess we can all breathe easy

My point is that some folks can only see one side of an argument involving "their" guy. They think Comey is lying because he was fired...but can't fathom that he was possibly fired because he wouldn't do what Trump wanted. None of us know. Some of us are willing to review what evidence is turned up and make up our minds. Others already have their minds made up and it is all a conspiracy by the media. Guess we will see. Better get our popcorn ready. Next few years is going to be interesting....to say the least.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #40
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hank Hill said the investigation was closed 3 weeks ago and Flynn was cleared. Guess we can all breathe easy

My point is that some folks can only see one side of an argument involving "their" guy. They think Comey is lying because he was fired...but can't fathom that he was possibly fired because he wouldn't do what Trump wanted. None of us know. Some of us are willing to review what evidence is turned up and make up our minds. Others already have their minds made up and it is all a conspiracy by the media. Guess we will see. Better get our popcorn ready. Next few years is going to be interesting....to say the least.
Did or did not the democrats want Comey fired?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #41
SMC
Banned!!!

Seriously doubt this drama is going to last a few years. It'll be done by the end of this year I think.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #42
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
You sure are hung up on what the democrats wanted. I'm **** sure not a democrat. But I care about how our country is lead. If pres told comey to stop the investigation....and comey didn't....and was then fired....I'd like to know. Who cares what the dems wanted? It doesn't influence what is right or wrong.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #43
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rusk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Someone sure as heck fire had to have told him to stand down on the Hillary investigation. 10x...heck maybe 50 times more evidence on her and they do nothing.

Just imagine the storm if Trump does just one bad thing equal to what Hillary did.
http://thepoliticalinsider.com/loret...tter&source=CI

why is this not talked about?? Only person I can think of that would make that classified is obama...watch the video
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #44
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
You sure are hung up on what the democrats wanted. I'm **** sure not a democrat. But I care about how our country is lead. If pres told comey to stop the investigation....and comey didn't....and was then fired....I'd like to know. Who cares what the dems wanted? It doesn't influence what is right or wrong.
So the investigation has ceased?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #45
SMC
Banned!!!

Quote:
What difference does that make!!
Here are the facts that even the White House nor trump have disputed.
Sally Yates warns about Flynn
She's fired.
Trump has dinner with Comey and asks him to kiss his ring and pledge his undying loyalty. He refuses.
Trump asks Comey to quit the investigation. He refuses.
Comey fired.
Trump warns Comey to not "leak" anything and that he has tapes.
Comey says $&&$ off.

With all this happening what does it matter if the dems wanted Comey fired!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #46
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
What difference does that make!!
Here are the facts that even the White House nor trump have disputed.
Sally Yates warns about Flynn
She's fired.
Trump has dinner with Comey and asks him to kiss his ring and pledge his undying loyalty. He refuses.
Trump asks Comey to quit the investigation. He refuses.
Comey fired.
Trump warns Comey to not "leak" anything and that he has tapes.
Comey says $&&$ off.

With all this happening what does it matter if the dems wanted Comey fired!!!
What difference does that make? Isn't that a famous Clinton quote. My point is that the democrats are hypocrites.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #47
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
So the investigation has ceased?
No, just the investigation being overseen by the guy with balls enough to stand up to Trump. I'm sure if he fires enough Attorney Generals, FBI Directors, and National Security Advisors.....he will eventually find some folks to start thinking the RIGHT WAY.

Playing devils advocate since you think firing all these folks has no affect on the next people in line to do the investigations.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #48
SMC
Banned!!!

Yes the dems wanted Comey gone. But they knew if he's fired that would only make their situation, hillarys situation, far far worse. Trump on the other hand, didn't seem to know that!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #49
SMC
Banned!!!

So my point is, someone naive enough to think.... oh let's just fire the guy investigating me and everything will be alright... is not fit to be president.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #50
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
If you're the chief of police
It's not wise to fire the guy who leads IA in the middle of you being investigated for something crooked.

It's bad optics.
If the guy can get on national TV and go through elaborate verbal gymnastics to claim "extreme carelessness" does not equal "gross negligence", then he should be fired. The "timing" argument is bogus. If you were Comey, you would start up an investigation against any and everyone to prevent them from firing you. It's a built-in get-out-of-jail free card that is prone to abuse.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top