Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
Jmsck12
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County
Default New bowstring

I'm in the market for a new bow string and am wanting to know what to look for when buying one. What material should I want to get it made out of? What should I know when buying one? I've heard of 60 x and want to buy from them but I have a local bow shop that builds their own strings gonna call tomorrow and see what they're made of, thanks in advance!!!
Jmsck12 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #2
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsck12 View Post
I'm in the market for a new bow string and am wanting to know what to look for when buying one. What material should I want to get it made out of? What should I know when buying one? I've heard of 60 x and want to buy from them but I have a local bow shop that builds their own strings gonna call tomorrow and see what they're made of, thanks in advance!!!
Ask them what material and serving they use then go to 3 Rivers Archery, Lancaster Archery Supply, or Brownells and look at the products available. I bought several spools of UltraCam a few years back and it is good enough for me which is good because I have enough to make a bunch of strings and don't shoot the compound all that much. You can tell what the latest and greatest is by the price. I think halo serving is still the way to go for servings. Another thought, go read a bit in the string making forum on archerytalk.com. A bunch of professional and do-it-yourself string makers hang out there. It won't take long to figure out what the "in" material is.
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
60X Bowstrings
Four Point

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us even if you plan to purchase elsewhere. We're always willing to educate the consumer. There may be some helpful articles in our blog as well. www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog/
60X Bowstrings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
Jmsck12
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60X Bowstrings View Post
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us even if you plan to purchase elsewhere. We're always willing to educate the consumer. There may be some helpful articles in our blog as well. www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog/
I'm actually going to go ahead and purchase from you guys seems to be the best to go ahead and send the money on your string and get a quality one
Jmsck12 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #5
Spanishmdos
Nubbin' Buck

Default String come up from the cam

Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesnít bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. Iím in kileen Texas and DICKíS and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. Iím glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. Iím thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. Itís a Hoyt tribute Thanks
Spanishmdos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
John Bowy
Spike

Hunt In: Bell County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishmdos View Post
Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesn’t bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. I’m in kileen Texas and ****’S and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. I’m glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. I’m thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. It’s a Hoyt tribute Thanks
If your in Killeen there is an archery shop nocked and loaded or in Lampassas there is Hoffy's
John Bowy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #7
texashunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bell Co, San Saba Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishmdos View Post
Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesnít bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. Iím in kileen Texas and DICKíS and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. Iím glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. Iím thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. Itís a Hoyt tribute Thanks
There is a Nocked and Loaded right off Stan Schlueter and 195. Sure they could do it. The best bow tech IMO is Aaron Barton at Hoffy's in Lampasas. He's worth the drive
texashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top