Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default New Orleans Statues

So how does everyone feel about the 4 monuments in Nola being removed?
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
Gherkin05
Six Point
 
Gherkin05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cypress Mill, TX
Hunt In: NM,CO,TX
Default

It's crap. Talked to a friend that lives in downtown NOLA today. He said there were marches around Lee Circle.

History is what it is, can't change the facts.

Last edited by Gherkin05; 05-19-2017 at 10:43 PM..
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #3
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 02:26 AM   #4
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

What is it going to change?? Not a dam thing.. It should've been left alone..
History is history. It cannot be erased.. I can't believe someone would allow this..
It's truly mind boggling.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #5
WTJim
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

What's worse than removing the statues is the intentional changes to school history books to either not teach anything or to skew the truth that is being forced on our youth.
WTJim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Its a raciest city that hates white people.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #7
UncleBubba
Pope & Young
 
UncleBubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.
Default

Already wasn't a fan of New Orleans and I am for sure never going back now!
UncleBubba is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Jobs not done. Librarys and schools and museums are full of historical accounts and pieces. Someone start a fire, the socialists have returned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Next up is parishes in Louisiana like Jeff Davis and Beauregard parishes being renamed
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
Whosure
Four Point
 
Whosure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Why don't we mention it was the tribal leaders that put them up for sale?
Whosure is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #11
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
Next up is parishes in Louisiana like Jeff Davis and Beauregard parishes being renamed
Or Camp Beauregard. I expect that to be a target.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #12
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

i couldnt care less, honestly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

People r stupid. They dont realize the Civil War was about states and individual rights. The North still had slaves. Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport all the black people, yea, its true. Civil War wasnt about slavery. Stupid snowflakes melting the truth.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #14
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
People r stupid. They dont realize the Civil War was about states and individual rights. The North still had slaves. Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport all the black people, yea, its true. Civil War wasnt about slavery. Stupid snowflakes melting the truth.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Yes this is true.
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i couldnt care less, honestly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And why is that? Just asking.
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #16
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
And why is that? Just asking.
doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #17
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTJim View Post
What's worse than removing the statues is the intentional changes to school history books to either not teach anything or to skew the truth that is being forced on our youth.
Ohhh, you mean like they have already been doing for the last 200 yrs
MadHatter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #18
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i couldnt care less, honestly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And why is that? Just asking.
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #19
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Be prepared...there will be a certain troll to come & inform you how wrong you are about your history & how correct this certain mayor & councilman are correct in their decision.


Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
People r stupid. They dont realize the Civil War was about states and individual rights. The North still had slaves. Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport all the black people, yea, its true. Civil War wasnt about slavery. Stupid snowflakes melting the truth.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #20
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Be prepared...there will be a certain troll to come & inform you how wrong you are about your history & how correct this certain mayor & councilman are correct in their decision.
Im preparing. I bet this troll thinks the holocaust didnt happen and we went to ww2 over a really bad moustache.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #21
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


Doesn't effect it yet. Slippery slope. It isn't just about a statue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #22
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Doesn't effect it yet. Slippery slope. It isn't just about a statue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not imo. just another sensationalized topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #23
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Apathy is a very dangerous, and quite honestly, selfish thing. But I'm not surprised by your response.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #24
Gherkin05
Six Point
 
Gherkin05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cypress Mill, TX
Hunt In: NM,CO,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
You will be affected by the effects of this political movement, soon. It's already happened on the University of Texas campus.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #25
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Apathy is a very dangerous, and quite honestly, selfish thing. But I'm not surprised by your response.
im far from apathetic. i just dont care about this particular issue. a person cannot put 100% of their time/thought/effort into every issue.

but, im not surprised by the judgement and false assumptions.

OP asked for my thoughts and I gave them to him. I dont need someone telling me which issues I should get behind. or telling me im lazy. you obviously dont know me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #26
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

No assumptions here. I'm well aware of what you post. Lazy? Not sure how you came to that conclusion. As far as knowing you, well, it matters not. We would not get along anyway, I assure you.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #27
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ok. Thanks for your response. I can respect that. But I am curious, what if enough people here in Texas from Spanish/Mexican descent started saying all the monumnents to the heros of the Texas Revolution were offensive to them and wanted them removed? Or the SAN Jacinto monument torn down? How would you feel about that? Those things are as much a part of Texas history as the monuments in NOLA are to that cities history and the South's in general.
I'm not trying to debate you just trying to gage at what point would you be bothered by certain groups trying to change history.
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #28
Gherkin05
Six Point
 
Gherkin05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cypress Mill, TX
Hunt In: NM,CO,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
Ok. Thanks for your response. I can respect that. But I am curious, what if enough people here in Texas from Spanish/Mexican descent started saying all the monumnents to the heros of the Texas Revolution were offensive to them and wanted them removed? Or the SAN Jacinto monument torn down? How would you feel about that? Those things are as much a part of Texas history as the monuments in NOLA are to that cities history and the South's in general.

I'm not trying to debate you just trying to gage at what point would you be bothered by certain groups trying to change history.


Excellent analogy.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2017, 05:20 AM   #29
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Removing statues and flags isn't now nor has it ever been about showing a level of sympathy or feelings for a certain group of people........ Its all about hiding history from future generations...... The REAL question is why would someone, our government, want to hide history about your people rising up against an oppressive
government??????????????? Just something to ponder on..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #30
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Removing statues and flags isn't now nor has it ever been about showing a level of sympathy or feelings for a certain group of people........ Its all about hiding history from future generations...... The REAL question is why would someone, our government, want to hide history about your people rising up against an oppressive
government??????????????? Just something to ponder on..
And this is the real question that needs to be asked!!!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #31
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Saba County, Jones County and Missouri
Default

History is written by the victors. Lately it seems Islam and liberals/socialists are winning most of the battles.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #32
Kodiakk
Ten Point
 
Kodiakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Humble
Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
Ok. Thanks for your response. I can respect that. But I am curious, what if enough people here in Texas from Spanish/Mexican descent started saying all the monumnents to the heros of the Texas Revolution were offensive to them and wanted them removed? Or the SAN Jacinto monument torn down? How would you feel about that? Those things are as much a part of Texas history as the monuments in NOLA are to that cities history and the South's in general.
I'm not trying to debate you just trying to gage at what point would you be bothered by certain groups trying to change history.
I find this very different personally. The Texas monuments are about fighting a entirely different country. If they find it offensive they can kindly take their butt back to Spain/Mexico.

I personally don't like the other monuments taken down either, but it's a different can of worms I think since it's about a civil war instead of a war against a foreign nation.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #33
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakk View Post
I find this very different personally. The Texas monuments are about fighting a entirely different country. If they find it offensive they can kindly take their butt back to Spain/Mexico.

I personally don't like the other monuments taken down either, but it's a different can of worms I think since it's about a civil war instead of a war against a foreign nation.
I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't change the fact that Robert E. Lee was a respected General in the greatest conflict this country has ever seen.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #34
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakk View Post
I find this very different personally. The Texas monuments are about fighting a entirely different country. If they find it offensive they can kindly take their butt back to Spain/Mexico.

I personally don't like the other monuments taken down either, but it's a different can of worms I think since it's about a civil war instead of a war against a foreign nation.
Obviously the Texas monuments relate to a very dear and close issue to us native Texans. On a scale greater than Texas, taking down civil war history is worse.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #35
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Im just so glad that slavery never happened now. Cant wait till they take down all the MLK and Malcom X street signs.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #36
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Im just so glad that slavery never happened now. Cant wait till they take down all the MLK and Malcom X street signs.
When will the north start demolishing things? The north is where modern day racism (what little is left) got it's roots.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 08:45 PM   #37
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

http://u.pw/2rMqTJV

good read from the other side of the table

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #38
marshman
Ten Point
 
marshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, TX
Hunt In: Newton & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
http://u.pw/2rMqTJV

good read from the other side of the table

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Was a good read and thanks for sharing, I don't agree with the first paragraph that stated Lee was responsible for the war though. Lee wanted to preserve the union but when Virginia succeeded he went with his home state. Much the way I would should Texas ever succeed.
marshman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #39
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
Was a good read and thanks for sharing, I don't agree with the first paragraph that stated Lee was responsible for the war though. Lee wanted to preserve the union but when Virginia succeeded he went with his home state. Much the way I would should Texas ever succeed.
agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #40
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Im just so glad that slavery never happened now. Cant wait till they take down all the MLK and Malcom X street signs.
And maybe now all the reparations talk will go the way of the monuments
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #41
LFD2037
Ten Point
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
And maybe now all the reparations talk will go the way of the monuments
Pfffff. Don't hold your breath.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com