Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is gonna be a sweet build and an awesome hotrod with that LS swap

Comment

Sourcing the t-case ended up being a way bigger ordeal than I thought. Turns out there were not very many 241’s made with passenger side front output and even fewer that had mechanical speedometer connection. This t-case I need was only made 2 years and only for straight front axle trucks (Blazer and Suburban)

Found one reman and gave too **** much for it....

Comment

Have you made any more progress?

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
          Have you made any more progress?

Nothing that shows in pictures. Finally received the new T-case and slip yoke eliminator and that all got dropped off at the trans shop Tuesday, should be ready tomorrow. This has been my progress killer as I need to set engine/trans and fab the trans cross member before I can move the frame to paint. Hope to get cross member done this weekend.

9” rearend got dropped at gear shop today to be narrowed, gears changed and posi installed.

I really feel like I’m close to putting parts back on instead of taking stuff off!

Comment

have warn lock out hubs installed on ends of rear axle shafts for flat towing

Comment

i can put you in touch with the guy that does this if need be

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                have warn lock out hubs installed on ends of rear axle shafts for flat towing

From what I read those kits are near impossible to find now.

I already have the NP241 installed, Ford 9” rear and Dana 44 front diffs are in the shop getting narrowed, rebuilt, re-geared & lockers.

Transmission mount is built and installed, I plan to get crossmember for the trac bar built this weekend and then frame will be ready to blast/paint.

Comment

Shocked I just now saw this. I'm jealous of yalls mechanical savvy. I do plan to do something similar with each of my kids one day to learn myself, teach them, and spend time with them via a unique experience.

Looks awesome. Do we know final color yet? Also, why not just get a car hauler and tow it on there to save mud grips and all the issues with the t-case?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    Shocked I just now saw this. I'm jealous of yalls mechanical savvy. I do plan to do something similar with each of my kids one day to learn myself, teach them, and spend time with them via a unique experience.

Looks awesome. Do we know final color yet? Also, why not just get a car hauler and tow it on there to save mud grips and all the issues with the t-case?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right now I have my mind set on a metallic silver with black top and bumpers.

Much of the towing will be to RV Parks that have little or no room to store trailers, can’t usually get away with any more than a tow dolly.

Comment

justfortowing.com they build and sell disconnecting drive shafts. I don’t know the price but my dad installed one of these on a ranger for towing behind a motor home it worked well.

Comment

i ran my dana 20 with 38 boggers for awhile upgraded axles with a lil over 400 hp under the hood and a heavy foot lots of rock climbing too...

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                          justfortowing.com they build and sell disconnecting drive shafts. I don’t know the price but my dad installed one of these on a ranger for towing behind a motor home it worked well.

Thanks for the link, I looked into a couple of driveshaft disconnect options and they all had too much “stuff” hanging down for a Jeep that will be off-roaded occasionally.

Comment

bboswell,
                            Really like that 4 way lug wrench mount on your tire carrier. Can you post some more pics of the top and bottom mounts and how you fabbed that up?
                            I'm running a CJ7 space is a premium.
                            I also dropped in a 5.7L a few years ago. You'll love the power.

Comment

[QUOTE=BuffaloHump;14140081] Really like that 4 way lug wrench mount on your tire carrier. Can you post some more pics of the top and bottom mounts and how you fabbed that up?/QUOTE]

Me as well. Are you a welder by trade? Amazing looking welds... I am jealous

Comment

82 Scrambler rebuild.

Originally posted by BuffaloHump View Post
                                bboswell,
                                Really like that 4 way lug wrench mount on your tire carrier. Can you post some more pics of the top and bottom mounts and how you fabbed that up?
                                I'm running a CJ7 space is a premium.
                                I also dropped in a 5.7L a few years ago. You'll love the power.

[quote=hog_down;14140101]
                                Originally posted by BuffaloHump View Post
                                Really like that 4 way lug wrench mount on your tire carrier. Can you post some more pics of the top and bottom mounts and how you fabbed that up?/QUOTE]

Me as well. Are you a welder by trade? Amazing looking welds... I am jealous

Sorry for delay.

Bottom is a bracket with a lug nut welded to it, lug keeps the 4-way from rotating into the Jeep or rattling against the carrier. Top is a cam hold down latch I found on Amazon.

While I’m a better than average hobby welder I can’t take credit for the Tig work on these bumpers etc, I had my welder at the shop do those, Dude is a stud with a Tig torch!

Last edited by bboswell; 05-10-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X