Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Everybody get on the band wagon or CRAZY TRAIN . I was contacted last nite by members of the Tbot EC about my answer given on the arrow rest dilemma. I was WRONG! The Tbot EC voted on this 2 years ago(This meeting I did not attend) and said that no elevated or mechanical rest would be legal for competition. My interpretation of this rule was as wrong as some other peoples.The rules and guidelines will be made more clear and posted in the future. I apologize that I misinformed some of you. This in the past has been a non-issue, but now it is a hot topic for some. We will have an open forum and discussion at Hill Country.We welcome new and useful ideas.

Thanks,
    Bud Murphy
    Tbot President

So if I read that correctly it's off the shelf or nothing... and pretty much rules out bows cut past center..
    Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

As I understand it you can build out the riser and build up the shelf

Comment

Now that's confusing. Are you saying that there cannot be any air between the rest and the shelf like a flipper type? That would make sense. What about the old style feather rests that glue to the shelf? A photo of what is legal and is not legal would clear things up...Van

Comment

Originally posted by hodat1957 View Post
          Everybody get on the band wagon or CRAZY TRAIN . I was contacted last nite by members of the Tbot EC about my answer given on the arrow rest dilemma. I was WRONG! The Tbot EC voted on this 2 years ago(This meeting I did not attend) and said that no elevated or mechanical rest would be legal for competition. My interpretation of this rule was as wrong as some other peoples.The rules and guidelines will be made more clear and posted in the future. I apologize that I misinformed some of you. This in the past has been a non-issue, but now it is a hot topic for some. We will have an open forum and discussion at Hill Country.We welcome new and useful ideas.

Thanks,
          Bud Murphy
          Tbot President
          So can a stick on elevated rest be used at the Hill Country Shoot or not!If not and it was voted on 2 years ago why were shooters using them last year in this shoot.If this is going to be a rule enforced now me and some others should have been made aware before we sent our $ in.The rules should be clear and enforced the same at every shoot as I expressed in the original thread.I have about 6 shooters going and making plans(took vacation,practicing with certain set-ups)and I am hearing about rules changing or going to be enforced this late!Somebody needs to get their s**t together!

Comment

As I posted in the past this has been a non-issue, but because of a dispute at a Tbot shoot last weekend between two parties this has become a BUCKET FULL. The Tbot EC said that the rules would be inforced at Hill Country. As for the monies sent in please call me. My number is on the Tbot web site. SORRY FOR THIS MESS.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
              So can a stick on elevated rest be used at the Hill Country Shoot or not!If not and it was voted on 2 years ago why were shooters using them last year in this shoot.If this is going to be a rule enforced now me and some others should have been made aware before we sent our $ in.The rules should be clear and enforced the same at every shoot as I expressed in the original thread.I have about 6 shooters going and making plans(took vacation,practicing with certain set-ups)and I am hearing about rules changing or going to be enforced this late!Somebody needs to get their s**t together!
              ShaBow, I can understand your furstration, but think about it. Why don't you and your group just tie strings on some broomsticks and come out and win with them. Everybody knows ya'll can do it.

Comment

Inconsistency, rules left to interpretation or situational enforcement are going to hurt tbot even more.... And with the stepped up attendance this year at the shoots this is just going to snowball.

I think this should be brought to a head before the shoot, before tbot's members start changing plans

Good luck

John

Comment

I'm not for one side or another, because I feel like the top shooters will be at the top no matter what they're shooting... But these are the kinda issues that would deter me.... Rules are rules and need to be consistent

Comment

I'm with John.

Comment

I feel that this is gonna get ugly, before it gets better..

Comment

It could, javi, but it dosen't have to. We just go with the bottom line-their shoot, their rules. However, this is a little late for an announcment. I have a friend who had to change her set-up last year (flipper rest had to go ). She may decide to just shoot for fun and not turn her score in (she shoots very low scores) if this would be allowed. But I can see problems with this as well. Not looking forward to breaking the news to her.

Comment

I think we all know what a mechanical rest is. The problem seems to be the definition of an elevated rest. As I said before, pics with bows using legal style rests would clear this all up and then folks would know for sure...Van
                          Last edited by Van/TX; 03-18-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. He said "no elevated or mechanical rests". That means off the shelf period. Or does it? Help me out here so I'll know what to tell my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                              Wait, I'm confused. He said "no elevated or mechanical rests". That means off the shelf period. Or does it? Help me out here so I'll know what to tell my friend.
                              Deb, it sounds as if you can build up the rest (as in add layers) and can build up the strike plate if needed but can't use a flipper or other rests of that type..

Which won't affect me at all, but it will hit a bunch of folks in the gut...

Comment

Working...
                              X