Cabelas Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas Customer Service

I recently purchased a pair of Vortex Fury HD binoculars from Cabelas because I received a huge gift card upon retirement and there was $75 off on any purchase over $500. But for the gift card I would have bought the binoculars from Arrowsmith who answered any questions I had about the Fury. When I made the purchase the sales man no more upcoming discounts. You guessed it, the next day 10% off. I called customer service just to vent, they were very nice and sent me a gift card that was 10% of the purchase price. Cannot complain.

Good to hear have heard several negatives about their customer service since BPS bought them out.

Comment

My elk hunting buddy had his Cabelas Alaknak Tent on our trip in CO this year and it leaked at the seams. He purchased the tent ~15 years ago. I told him it might have a lifetime warranty. He balked and said, "No way they would warranty something this old". The week we got back, he went up to Cabelas with be tent in the bag and they didn't even open it, just said to go grab one off the shelf. $1,000 tent will be broke in next September in CO!

Comment

Originally posted by sackett View Post
        my elk hunting buddy had his cabelas alaknak tent on our trip in co this year and it leaked at the seams. He purchased the tent ~15 years ago. I told him it might have a lifetime warranty. He balked and said, "no way they would warranty something this old". The week we got back, he went up to cabelas with be tent in the bag and they didn't even open it, just said to go grab one off the shelf. $1,000 tent will be broke in next september in co!
        wow

Comment

May give them a call. Took advantage of the $75 off last week on a new leupold vx3i that was $699. Next day, 10% off coupon shows up in my email... not the first time I’ve had that happen after a large purchase.. ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Customer service advised the stores may not be aware of the upcoming discounts, but in any event they made in right in my case. Still don’t like the idea of no bargain cave at the Buda location

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
              Customer service advised the stores may not be aware of the upcoming discounts, but in any event they made in right in my case. Still don’t like the idea of no bargain cave at the Buda location
              Quite right, as I found out a week or two ago when visiting the store. Now the entire (former) Bargain Cave is filled with 511 brand camo - enough to outfit a small army. I always found the Bargain Cave to be disorganized and disorderly, but it was fun to rummage through and occasionally find a real bargain. Heck, I already miss it.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                I recently purchased a pair of Vortex Fury HD binoculars from Cabelas because I received a huge gift card upon retirement and there was $75 off on any purchase over $500. But for the gift card I would have bought the binoculars from Arrowsmith who answered any questions I had about the Fury. When I made the purchase the sales man no more upcoming discounts. You guessed it, the next day 10% off. I called customer service just to vent, they were very nice and sent me a gift card that was 10% of the purchase price. Cannot complain.
                i worked at Academy and Bass Pro Shops in high school and college. Academy was pretty good about letting us know in advance of the sales mostly because their policy (at least at the time) was to refund money for just about anything.

Bass Pro was different. most of the time, other than knowing a sale would come for labor day or something like that, we didn't know about sales or individual promotions.

Comment

Working...
                X