Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serena Williams meltdown

Dang,
    She is such a powerful athlete and obviously the best women's player ever, but dang she is such a drama queen

She was getting her a@@ handed to her yesterday, and just berated the umpire for doing his job. Even her coach admitted he was trying to coach her from the stands ( which is a dumb rule anyway) .....
    Lost a point then lost a game after calling the umpire a thief...lol

Couldn't have happened to a better person IMHO

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a better person IMHO
    Darn right! Get over yourself honey. It’s not all about you.

Comment

Never heard of him.

Comment

Don’t know the first thing about tennis or Williams but I just read an article and sounds like the umpire followed the rule book. She broke the rules, got penalized, and threw a fit. But of course in this day its always somebody else’s fault and now she’s crying “sexism”.
        Last edited by gb22250; 09-09-2018, 06:57 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Acted like a spoiled brat.

I feel sorry for the young lady who won. Everyone should be talking about her instead.

Comment

Spoiled Diva.

Comment

The only question about all that was whether she was going to play the race card or the sexism card. Looks like she chose the latter.

Comment

If you ain’t cheating you ain’t tryin!!!
                Have you see the guns on that dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                  The only question about all that was whether she was going to play the race card or the sexism card. Looks like she chose the latter.

Yeah she can throw down the race card with the best of them

Comment

Her opponent was a woman too and didn’t act like an idiot.

How do you pull the sexism card when you are competing against someone of the same sex?

Also... how do you advance women’s issues by winning a major pregnant... by beating... other women?

Comment

Why worry about others breaking the rules?!? You broke em, you knew it happened... suck it up and act like a champion, not a spoiled child...

Comment

roid rage?

Comment

John McEnroe did the same thing years ago. She just lost it. Not saying I approve of her behavior, but it does happen in tennis as in other sports. She definitely was way out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            Yep. If the girl she beat (Osaka) wasn’t half black you can bet the race card would have used. I felt so bad for what should have been a great moment for Osaka and the spoiled brat in a tutu ruined it.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 09-09-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                              Her opponent was a woman too and didn’t act like an idiot.

How do you pull the sexism card when you are competing against someone of the same sex?

Also... how do you advance women’s issues by winning a major pregnant... by beating... other women?
                              That was my initial thoughts. However, it was based on her opinion that the men don’t get penalized like she does hence the idea that the women are treated differently. At least that’s what I got from some of the post game discussion & comments. She doesn’t fair well when getting beat. Wasn’t very professional in her approach to the chair umpire

Comment

Working...
                              X