No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It betters your odds using a boat , I've seen fewer people in my areas. I do run a 19' ranger bass boat, I get there quicker lol

Comment

I used to use a boat. Thirty minutes to launch, run somewhere, and get seated where I'm hunting. But now I just walk 30 minutes. And get seated where I'm hunting. Better health, and economy for the ol wallet and gas tank = more hunts.

But I do like the shorter walk sometimes, that a boat provides (providing I hunt near the boat). And I have a hard time carrying a load of any kind with my condition. Game cart makes it easier to haul gear whether I walk or use a boat. But that is just one more thing in the boat to take up space if I take the boat. I play other hunter's locations anyway. Most of the deer know where they are after a few times of hunting the same spot. I don't like hunting the same spot for more than two weeks.

Comment

Trying to stalk today. Been reading a book on stalking. Bought me some moccosins. Also im going to rattle every 100 yds. If that dousnt work im going to just cover myself in corn and wait.

Comment

Been hunting hard this week but moon has been working against me. Finally seen some deer yesterday evening after seeing nothing the first two hunts. In my stand today, tomorrow and maybe Monday or tues. before going back to work. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Good luck switchback

Comment

I've been wondering, where are the hogs mostly around Aquila or Whitney?

Comment

I'm still at home and won't get out there til 11, but my son just called he needs some daylight to go find a pig. He's unsure about the shot but thinks it's a good hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  I'm still at home and won't get out there til 11, but my son just called he needs some daylight to go find a pig. He's unsure about the shot but thinks it's a good hit.
                  Just now see-n this. Did he find it?

Comment

Nope , even the dog couldn't get anything to trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                      Trying to stalk today. Been reading a book on stalking. Bought me some moccosins. Also im going to rattle every 100 yds. If that dousnt work im going to just cover myself in corn and wait.

Got a guy stalking right now, u ain't gonna stalk a deer on corp land , throw the book away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                        Got a guy stalking right now, u ain't gonna stalk a deer on corp land , throw the book away

I agree with coojay ,the “stalkers” out there just mess up hunting for the rest of us that put our time and effort in during the off season.

Comment

Brain dead people quit walkin around during prime hunting times!

Comment

An hour before dark! [emoji23][emoji23] lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Done setup a popup, walk on my corn and cut some limbs lol that's public land.....oh well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

2 sets and both had people walk in on my setup, during prime time. I'm over hunting corp, its getting way to crowded, I've shot a few good bucks in the past too. Time to get a deer lease ...

Comment

Working...
                                X