Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    Never too late for a new spot Lance To your question about doing good the wife shot a 4 1/2 year old doe this morning Good shootin Babe
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm glad someone is putting meat on the table.

Comment

Never too late for a new spot Lance To your question about doing good the wife shot a 4 1/2 year old doe this morning Good shootin Babe
      Congrats! Where's the pics?

Comment

Congrats Tammy

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

When hunting areas on fort hood, do ya'll park on the paved roads, or do you use the tank trails to get a little closer? I've looked for regs against the use tank trails, but did not find anything. This is my first year hunting hood. The two times ive gone out so far I've parked along side the main road and walked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Regalrod View Post
              When hunting areas on fort hood, do ya'll park on the paved roads, or do you use the tank trails to get a little closer? I've looked for regs against the use tank trails, but did not find anything. This is my first year hunting hood. The two times ive gone out so far I've parked along side the main road and walked in.
              I think you can pretty much drive anyplace you want to. At least I hope you can. I just go where I need to go to get where I want to go. Road, trail, no road, no trail. Just put it in 4 lo and if there isn't a rock, stump, or tree in the way I'm good. Haven't had any problems yet.

Comment

finally

Finally on the first hunt of the year hope to catch this old doe off guard

Comment

Originally posted by Regalrod View Post
                  Originally posted by EdO View Post
                  I think you can pretty much drive anyplace you want to. At least I hope you can. I just go where I need to go to get where I want to go. Road, trail, no road, no trail. Just put it in 4 lo and if there isn't a rock, stump, or tree in the way I'm good. Haven't had any problems yet.

As long as you are signed in for the are put'er gear and go. Like Ed said some areas dont look like you need 4x4 but once you get in there it is too late to wish you had it.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                    Welcome back. Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Sure is warm in this ground blind but gonna hang she is gonna show soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                        Do it to it!!!!!!! Methinks you've earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                          As long as you are signed in for the are put'er gear and go. Like Ed said some areas dont look like you need 4x4 but once you get in there it is too late to wish you had it.
                          Cool thanks to you both. Gonna save me some walking this weekend. I'll still stick to the roads/trails. I really hate to tear up the ground too much. Still gonna be a little soft from last weekends rain, I'll bet.

Comment

Specific Management Recommendations for White-tailed Deer

Thought some of you may enjoy reading this.
                            Attached Files

Comment

New to FH hunting ...

- No ATVs allowed, right?.
                              - Lastly, would the Sportsman's Center have any processing capability there?. Or is it just field dress and ice 'em down ...

Thanks and see ya in a couple weeks (youth hunt)!!

/s/ Greg

Comment

Originally posted by AHTTD View Post
                                New to FH hunting ...

- No ATVs allowed, right?.
                                - Lastly, would the Sportsman's Center have any processing capability there?. Or is it just field dress and ice 'em down ...

Thanks and see ya in a couple weeks (youth hunt)!!

/s/ Greg
                                Greg I sugest sarting here http://forthoodhunting.com/ go to the regs tab and read.
                                You are correct no ATV's.
                                The sportsman center does not have any processing but it does have a walk-in freezer that You can hang your field dressed Deer or Hogs in will cost you $3.00 a day. There are several places close by if you do not like processing yourself they all require field dress. But without naming names there is one in Killeen one just outside of Cove one in Lampasas and I think 2 in belton I am sure I misssed a few I do my own but send me a pm and I will give you my recomendation.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X