Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Any idea what Lake Austin looks like below Mansfield, or if it could take anymore water moving through without flooding Austin proper?
    Saw a quick video and the low water bridge had water at least 1ft over.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
      Believe it or not i found my boat. The drain plug was out so i thought after it washed away it would sink for sure. The bilge pump was left on auto and enough debris got stuck in the drain hole that the pump was able to keep enough water pumped out that it didn't sink. I got a call from a neighbor that they saw it down stream. I was able to take a kayak to it, put the plug in, pump the rest of the water out, and paddle it back to the boat house. I took the tower off and cranked it all the way up. Very lucky. It was amazing how many boats were floating out in the lake yesterday.
      Crazy you got it back but awesome.

Comment

Having watched video of the Starke dam yesterday and boats going over it is hard to believe that that guy survived. Incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          Saw a quick video and the low water bridge had water at least 1ft over.
          We just drove over Lake Austin at South Lamar after lunch. Lake is high and the water is moving.

Comment

Just got done talking to my cousin. The area between Abilene and Brownwood are flooding and looks like the Pecan Bayou will flood. Good news is Lake Brownwood is 6-7ft low. Hope they can catch it all.

Quick question for you insurance guys. For all the watercraft being destroyed will boat insurance cover or homeowners

Comment

Any idea what Lake Austin looks like below Mansfield, or if it could take anymore water moving through without flooding Austin proper?
              I went and looked at the boat ramp at Mary Quinlan Park in the back of Steiner Ranch about an hour ago. It's at the top of the boat ramp but not into the parking lot and its flowing pretty fast. I drove down Bullock Hollow to Cypress Creek Park on Lake Travis and the guard shack is completely submerged....you wouldn't know it was there. A few more feet of water and Bullock Hollow Rd. will be under water there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Just got done talking to my cousin. The area between Abilene and Brownwood are flooding and looks like the Pecan Bayou will flood. Good news is Lake Brownwood is 6-7ft low. Hope they can catch it all.

Quick question for you insurance guys. For all the watercraft being destroyed will boat insurance cover or homeowners

Boat insurance. There's very limited watercraft coverage on a homeowners policy but flood isn't a covered peril anyways so that's irregardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Marooned View Post
                  The guy went over Starke dam. The story is on KXAN's website. Crazy he lived to tell the tale.
                  That’s so bad *** and yet so stupid. No boat and jet skis are worth nearly losing your life.

Comment

It's only about 2-3 feet higher at the upper end of the Lake Austin, it can take more more sure. LCRA is finally pulling their heads out of their asses and opening 4 more Gates @ Mansfield by noon tomorrow. That will be 8 total open on Travis which will be a new record. I have an old movie from the '91 flood that I will post to YouTube and share here a little later tonight.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

LCRA is finally pulling their heads out of their asses and opening 4 more Gates @ Mansfield by noon tomorrow
                      Do not question or criticize the decisions of the LCRA.

Comment

Llano River Flooding

I was able to get to the house today and, amazingly, the flood did not get inside...but it got **** close. You can see the water damage to the door. A few inches of carpet just inside there was damp. There’s mud on the porch. The AC unit is toast and we lost 3 trees.

The amount of debris is staggering. It looks like a tornado went through there. Trees uprooted and stripped. The pics don’t do it justice. It’s a huge mess and it will take awhile to clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankful for you it was not any worse!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            Do not question or criticize the decisions of the LCRA.
                            When they aren't holding it back cause they have too much, they are selling water that they don't have!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24556551

This monster flood is far from over. Doghouse took this in mills Cnty.

Comment

Any idea if Llano river bridge off 87 did ok? My relatives place is there off willow creek rd and hes worried it might have gotten his new ranch house

Comment

Working...
                                X