Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of the hurricane coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the coverage due to family and friends being located so many different locations in the US. I don't mind it.. It's my own fault if i turn it on the TV or the radio...

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
      We are in NC, in the way of the storm but about 200 miles in. My wife has gone full survivor mode. Batteries, water, gas, groceries. Called me at work today to ask if we had flood insurance. Really? We live 100' above any water source.
      LOL. Problem is if you have a finished basement. That water likes to run down those concrete walls, then find any gap in the concrete, including between the floor and wall, to invite itself inside. We had this issue back home growing up.

Hope the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
        We are in NC, in the way of the storm but about 200 miles in. My wife has gone full survivor mode. Batteries, water, gas, groceries. Called me at work today to ask if we had flood insurance. Really? We live 100' above any water source.
        I was saying the same thing around this time last year. Living in a house that was 50 years old and never even been close to flooding. Next thing you know I've got 4' 2" of water running through my house. For those of us who have actually dealt with, and been impacted by a Hurricane it is something that we want to keep an eye on. Unfortunately we can't all just drag up and move inland like OP suggests. A hurricane is a major event that will impact a whole bunch of people all at one time, so it is big news.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          You must not deal with the general public.....

They have to be told to get out of the way of a cat 5 hurricane. Repeatedly.

Think Katrina.
          My in-laws live in Southport, NC (exactly where the hurricane will land) and they WERE thinking about staying!!!!! ****in face palm!!!!!! However, they are all from the Pittsburgh area....yankees.

Comment

I'd rather talk about hurricanes than Serena, Kaepernut and Russsians every freakin day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
              I'd rather talk about hurricanes than Serena, Kaepernut and Russsians every freakin day.
              drops mic, walks off stage!! BOOM!!

Comment

I have the weather channel on as I write this. Lots of hurricane coverage LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                  Yeah, ask the folks in and around Toledo Bend and San Rayburn about Rita and IKE and how far away from the coast they were......

And all the way into Arkansas,,,, Horrible tornados hundreds of miles inland on those storms.

Comment

Hurricanes affect every single person on this site. I am in the fuel and propane business, all of the coastal refineries are giving notice of potential closing. Just let a couple of refineries close and one break down, then mass panic begins.I hope you like sitting at home with no gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                      Hurricanes affect every single person on this site. I am in the fuel and propane business, all of the coastal refineries are giving notice of potential closing. Just let a couple of refineries close and one break down, then mass panic begins.I hope you like sitting at home with no gasoline.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	hank.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	24552119

Hank is that you

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        [ATTACH]924017[/ATTACH]

Hank is that you
                        Take away the glasses and muffin top and its pretty close. I do like to drink beer in the alley.

Comment

Yep when that happens prices gonna jump by at least a dollar. Price gouging

Comment

I would rather them be crazy sensational, than laid back and relaxed and nobody does nothing to prepare.

Frustrating that I feel that its necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              LOL. Problem is if you have a finished basement. That water likes to run down those concrete walls, then find any gap in the concrete, including between the floor and wall, to invite itself inside. We had this issue back home growing up.

Hope the best for you.
                              Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              I was saying the same thing around this time last year. Living in a house that was 50 years old and never even been close to flooding. Next thing you know I've got 4' 2" of water running through my house. For those of us who have actually dealt with, and been impacted by a Hurricane it is something that we want to keep an eye on. Unfortunately we can't all just drag up and move inland like OP suggests. A hurricane is a major event that will impact a whole bunch of people all at one time, so it is big news.
                              We have a crawl space. It is funny you mention it, my wife suggested we go to the neighbors because he has a cellar - What?

We are paying attention. We had thought about driving a couple hours to my parents in SC. Now that the storm is turning I am thinking maybe they should drive up here.

Currently we are supposed to get about 10" of rain and up to 50mph wind. Probably will be some debris, but doesn't appear to be too bad.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                                There’s 987 different channels, your remote broke?
                                Lmao!!!![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X