My friend just took off for Everest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend just took off for Everest

I hit a buddy of mine up today to see about going to shoot some clays and he said he wouldn’t be able to until next month. With kids and work that didn’t surprise me, but then he says he’s going to Tibet. I know what time of year this is in Tibet so I asked if he was going to Everest and he said yes! What the heck?! You don’t just take off to freakin Everest without telling folks! I’m excited for him, I would definitely like to check it out some day. I think he is only going to Base Camp with an opportunity to try for Camp 1 or something, but I bet he tries for the summit in a future trip. I’ve read enough about it to know it gets in your blood and you can’t think about anything else. Crazy. I will post pics if he sends me any.

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    I hit a buddy of mine up today to see about going to shoot some clays and he said he wouldn’t be able to until next month. With kids and work that didn’t surprise me, but then he says he’s going to Tibet. I know what time of year this is in Tibet so I asked if he was going to Everest and he said yes! What the heck?! You don’t just take off to freakin Everest without telling folks! I’m excited for him, I would definitely like to check it out some day. I think he is only going to Base Camp with an opportunity to try for Camp 1 or something, but I bet he tries for the summit in a future trip. I’ve read enough about it to know it gets in your blood and you can’t think about anything else. Crazy. I will post pics if he sends me any.

Best of luck to your buddy, I’ll be following along. Keep us posted !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is crazy stuff. Way cool, but crazy !!!!!

Comment

Sweet!!

I'm fascinated with that mountain but have no thought on a summit. A summit takes SERIOUS coin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no desire to risk my life climbing a frozen mountain

But I appreciate the will and determination of those that do

Good luck and safe travels to your friend

Comment

Wish him the best. I have hard enough time climbing the stairs in my house.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I'm fascinated with that mountain but have no thought on a summit. A summit takes SERIOUS coin
                I'm with you on that!
                A while back, I was infatuated with Everest. I read at least a dozen books, mostly about the tragedy of 1996.

Comment

Good for him. I never climb a mountain, just to climb a mountain. Got to have a bow in hand, and a target animal to get me up a mountain. Come on September!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    I'm with you on that!
                    A while back, I was infatuated with Everest. I read at least a dozen books, mostly about the tragedy of 1996.
                    I watched the movie. No way Jose!

Comment

I just read on Facebook, that one of my high school friends (two years older than me) is making the trek to basecamp as well. SHE was in the Air Force for a long time, did all kinds of stuff that women don't normally do ... now she's going to Everest!

Godspeed, Leanne Drozd!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        A summit takes SERIOUS coin
                        I've always wondered, how much are we talking? I can guess travel, payment of the sherpas/guides, clothing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          I've always wondered, how much are we talking? I can guess travel, payment of the sherpas/guides, clothing, etc.

I believe it is $60-100k for a summit attempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                            Like 80k for a summit and 10-15 just for camp 2

4600 for base camp alone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that is dang kewl!!! I aint mad at him at all........live your life sir!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                              Good for him. I never climb a mountain, just to climb a mountain. Got to have a bow in hand, and a target animal to get me up a mountain. Come on September!
                              I am 99% on that page also.....(New Zealand in 60 days).......except Mt. Kilimanjaro! That one might get hiked some day in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X