Jamaica beach info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica beach info

does anyone know if you can drive on Jamaica beach around the buccaneer rd entrance? We rented a house for next week and were trying to figure out if it would be worth hauling golf carts down there. If allowed we could easily drive them from the house to the beach but was just wondering if you could actually pull up to the beach there or have to park and walk. Is it worth taking golf carts? TIA

Not sure of buccaneer road but I hauled my cart there a couple weeks ago. Our house was right next to a beach entrance. After this trip I won't take the cart again. It was fun but the area where vehicles were allowed was only 500-700 yds long and then blocked off. We had the beach to ourselves and just walked out on the boardwalks from the house.

Comment

No help either, but we will be staying on Jamaica beach next week as well

Comment

There is beach access at Jamaica Beach, I'm just not sure if it is at the end of Buccaneer. Galveston considers the beach their roadways so you have to buy a $25 annual permit to drive your golf cart onto the beach. And even with that the area of beach you can drive on isn't very large, maybe a 1/4 mile or so.

Comment

Working...
        X