Rolled a concrete truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klooney View Post
    Is he still a driver, or now a former driver?

Lol! Glad nobody was hurt! Reminds me of a buddy of mine that got a high school kid to run his tractor cutting hay one summer for $10 an hour when his dad had old guys he paid $14 an hour. He was talking about all the money he was saving till that kid hit a rut so hard in the pasture he broke the tractor in half!! Lucky he didn't get hurt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrible news to hear, glad everyone is okay that was involved. It’s always a bad day to hear of one rolling over. We had one get tangled up with a box trailer on 35 in Denton and went over at McCormick st. Driver made it out with minor injuries. The box trailer that fell on top of the mixer was full of card board boxes and we figure that was a blessing. Sorry to hear about the new truck.

Comment

Good thing about that he has learned his lesson and will not make the same mistake. You keep him you should have a better driver. You fire him next guy benefits from that lesson. Had a crane operator flip a crane we kept him he is one of our best operators we have. Good luck it’s a tough decision,

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
          Good thing about that he has learned his lesson and will not make the same mistake. You keep him you should have a better driver. You fire him next guy benefits from that lesson. Had a crane operator flip a crane we kept him he is one of our best operators we have. Good luck it’s a tough decision,
          Yes it is a very tough decision, after I looked at google earth to see where he had the accident I about puked, he did not have to turn, he could have just kept going straight, it was a Y intersection, besides all of that after he did make the turn and ran off the road he could have just went through the fence in place of trying to steer it back onto the road, these trucks are very top heavy. Just total inexperience, it was against my better judgement to have him drive alone but he was traveling with 3 other trucks and he had been doing well throughout his training.

Comment

When I was that age it took years of experience to get the new work rig. Hopefully you get it all worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              When I was that age it took years of experience to get the new work rig. Hopefully you get it all worked out.
              I hear you, unfortunately we have 6 brand new trucks, really been tough trying to find any experienced operators in the Austin area, this is a new business so quite a set back for us.

Comment

Dammit

Comment

Sorry to hear that OP. We were building a wind farm in Wyoming in 2008, had a guy roll his in the middle of the road. He claimed he fell asleep, work up and turned the wheel on accident. Claimed he wasn't speeding.

We pulled up right after it happened, he was already out, we ran to the battery compartment to get the power disconnected, and he had TWO FULL GAS CANS stored next to the battery. How those didn't light up, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                    You're right if the kid has got half a brain. If he is ate up with the dumb Arse then there is no hope for him. I've come across a few lost causes that I wish I would have sent packing sooner than I did.

Comment

Saw another one rolled over on the service road on I35 south of Austin yesterday.

Comment

Last night. One of the drivers at this job had a seizure while unloading. I had left the site but fortunately for all he had the truck in park. I hear it to got to revving up pretty good. They were able to get him out of the cab and an ambulance got there. Hope he’s OK but have not heard.
                        It has been tough getting this mix right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	60883911-91EB-4D1F-B34C-0EA008411E51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24587121

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                          Saw another one rolled over on the service road on I35 south of Austin yesterday.
                          I about had a heart attack when I read this, thought you were talking about one of mine, don't think the old ticker could handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                            Last night. One of the drivers at this job had a seizure while unloading. I had left the site but fortunately for all he had the truck in park. I hear it to got to revving up pretty good. They were able to get him out of the cab and an ambulance got there. Hope he’s OK but have not heard.
                            It has been tough getting this mix right.

[ATTACH]965122[/ATTACH]
                            Yall are pouring a commercial slab with just welded wire? Where is this job located?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              Yall are pouring a commercial slab with just welded wire? Where is this job located?
                              Looks like Alabama... good at football, tying rebar not so much!

I kid I kid!

Comment

Sucky way to start the day. Glad hes ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X