Hippo Insurance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hippo Insurance ?

Does anybody have/use Hippo Insurance for their House ?

Hippo Insurance Services offers a modern, simpler, smarter homeowners insurance policy at competitive prices. Get an insurance quote in 60 seconds.

glad you posted this! recently got an online quote from them and it seemed to be much cheaper than what I have currently. In for answers.

Comment

No. But if a hippo ever trashed my house, I'll be sorry I didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Ha

Comment

Bobby has elephant insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Good one, that's funny.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just did a online quote and it was only $4 cheaper a month than my coverage I have now with Germania

Comment

Hippo is a case of buyer beware. They're designed to steer people towards the lowest premium they offer at the expense of better coverage, particularly with regards to certain types of water damage.

Just because the limits and deductibles on your quote may be the same as what you have on your current policy doesn't necessarily mean they cover the same things.

And you won't have an agent with a vested interest in your concerns to go to if you ever run into a problem.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Hippo is a case of buyer beware. They're designed to steer people towards the lowest premium they offer at the expense of better coverage, particularly with regards to certain types of water damage.

Just because the limits and deductibles on your quote may be the same as what you have on your current policy doesn't necessarily mean they cover the same things.

And you won't have an agent with a vested interest in your concerns to go to if you ever run into a problem.
                      Of course you would have to really compare your coverage, not just price between the two companies.

You wouldn't happen to be an insurance agent would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Of course you would have to really compare your coverage, not just price between the two companies.
                        That's right. But NOBODY ever thinks about that. They look at the coverage limits and premium and then when there's a loss they're all like "What do you mean this cheap-*** HOA policy doesn't cover this?"

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        You wouldn't happen to be an insurance agent would you?
                        Maaaaaybe.

Comment

Working...
                        X