Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Days at the lease do you spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Days at the lease do you spend?

How many Days at the lease do you spend a year hunting?
    Say if you have a 6 hour drive to your lease how many days a year do you go to hunt? That can be turkey season and bow/gun season but not work days just days hunting? Thanks.

How ever much time I’m permitted by the wife can be an afternoon or a couple days I’m only 30 minutes from the lease but still it’s better being out there than having to do things around the house!

Comment

I live 2 1/2 hrs from our lease. We normally come up on Friday-Sun which equals 4 hunts for us. So far this year I have gotten 12 hunts in. I try to come every other weekend until Thanksgiving.

Comment

This year I have yet to make a hunt. Seems like I spend less time out there hunting and more time working as I get older. So it's never enough. Still have a ton of work to do so it's doubtful I will even hunt in the next week or two either. Maybe next month.

Comment

We are 4 hours from home and I work every other (50% actually do sometimes I take 2 in a row off during the rut and work 2 in a row earlier). I also make my schedule so I have a lot of 3 and 4 day weekends as well as my vacation during hunting season. So, typically I spend a where from 30-45 days a year hunting whitetails and another couple of weekends hunting turkey in the spring. And if the time is there to hunt axis during the work weekends, a couple weekends there as well. So a total of 45-55 days or so...

So far this year, we are at 7 days hunted. Due to flooding from the rain, we couldnt get in on one of my scheduled long weekends.

Comment

I probably get about 30 days of hunting a year. Now sometimes it will only be a morning or afternoon sit if we are fixing fences or building stuff. Family property, the projects go on for ever and the work is never done.

Comment

I’m a little over an hour from front door to blind. I know I spend less time now then 10 years ago with kids always having something going on. I’d say I prob have 30 sits a year. With most being morning and evening of the same day. Throw in 5-10 duck hunts and I can’t complain.

Comment

All that I can but this year I have 5 week turnaround going on right now and it's week #2 then another one starting mid December so I kind of got screwed this year.

Comment

I’m 3-3.5 hours from my lease and I hunt at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month. I normally spend the whole week of thanksgiving there.

Comment

Walk out my back door, or 15 minutes to our place on the mountain. No hunting for me this season due to an injury, however, I do plan on heading out with the flintlock for the Christmas hunt

Comment

Typically a day and a half at a time. 8f I live y hours from my lease I'd plan for at least 3 full days at a time.

Comment

Never enough...

Comment

I’m 7 hours from my lease.

I make one trip in October, usually 3 days and then go back opening weekend of general for 3-4 days.

Hunting early season has never been very good in all the years I’ve hunted this ranch.

The rut starts kicking in around thanksgiving and I’m usually there for 9-10 days.
                          I’ll go back after Christmas if I have any critters left to kill.

If I don’t I’ll duck hunt a few times to keep me busy.

I don’t really care about turkey hunting and we don’t have exotics, besides the occasional Aoudad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                            How ever much time I’m permitted by the wife can be an afternoon or a couple days I’m only 30 minutes from the lease but still it’s better being out there than having to do things around the house!
                            Permitted??? **** bro...I feel for you.

Comment

This year should be 27 to 30 hunt days. We are 5 hours from our lease but I am lucky enough to have a wife that hunts with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X