2014 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    Well, we had a fast and furious 24 hours in the mountains but elected to head South last night ahead of the 20 degree temps and freezing precip.

Got the canyon scouted. Saw very little deer sign but a lot of bear scat. This is one of those places that you scout once and probably don't go back to hunt. Way too rough to hunt without huge effort. You'd have to quarter a deer up and pack it out. With the bear sign I saw I'd be surprised if deer regularly were in this area. [ATTACH]603221[/ATTACH][ATTACH]603222[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]603224[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]603225[/ATTACH][ATTACH]603226[/ATTACH][ATTACH]603227[/ATTACH]
    Afterward my scouting partner was worn out.

The bedding area didn't get scouted this time so that will be next trip.

The game cams mainly showed does and bucks that already dropped their headgear. I've got to go through the pics again. I'm looking for the two bucks that are on the hit list.

More to come.

Glad you guys got back before the weather got bad!

Comment

Better late than never! I am on board for the 2014 season! Congrats to all of you that scored this past year!

Comment

Wheelie has his eye on stickers and this one is on my list. Can't wait to see how they come out this year!
        Attached Files

Comment

Darton, that is a very nice buck. Another year of growth should elevate his status on the shooter list.

I've been I dry dock with my son's baseball schedule so I haven't been able to cycle cards or scout anymore since last trip. Anyone seeing fawns drop yet?

Comment

We don't have any fawns on the ground yet, but the momma's sure are showing!

Comment

Here is a link to the Hagerman video I posted on the video forum. Not in Push county but a lot of gun!

Comment

Fun. Dang autocorrect.

Comment

Cool video Booner. Going to get out this weekend and try to stick a few myself.

Comment

Booner, anything goin on in OK?

Comment

Wheelie, we are still running cams but I've been in dry dock due to 7U baseball. We are heading up to move stands, scout and cycle cams the first weekend in June.

I'm keeping busy with honey-do's so I don't go crazy!

How about you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        Wheelie, we are still running cams but I've been in dry dock due to 7U baseball. We are heading up to move stands, scout and cycle cams the first weekend in June.

I'm keeping busy with honey-do's so I don't go crazy!

How about you guys?
                        Headed up in 2 weeks to set up another feeder, 2 weeks later we're hog hunting with a land owner next to us, he's on the river and has plenty of targets, some really cool land owners all around Dartons place.

Comment

Just got back home from push county. Did some work around the place and set out some pig pipes and cameras for another member headed up this next week some time. Nerve got more hog sign than ever along the creeks. There is also a ton of water and the trees and forbes and grasses all look great. Got a couple new stands hung as well and had a productive weekend

Comment

Oklahoma deer wont touch my Texas protein, any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie View Post
                              Oklahoma deer wont touch my Texas protein, any idea why?
                              Just saw the protein thread, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie View Post
                                Just saw the protein thread, Thanks
                                I missed it. What's the answer?

Comment

Working...
                                X