water heater quit...Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water heater quit...Help

My water heater quit working and it is ONLY 3.5 months old. The house is BRAND NEW and the builder said that the plumber said it was because of not having a water softener. I tried pushing the reset button and it did no good either. Our water is on a well but it is good quality. We drink it(taste great) and have no issues with iron or hardness in tubs , sinks, or toilets. It is better quality than I had before with an iron filter and a softener and never had an element go out. The plumbing company is going to look at it but are going to charge me if it is because of the water. What are the chances of this being BS. I plan on taking a water sample to a local company that installs softeners and filters and test it if they blame the water. Any plumbers/water experts out there ?

Electric?

Comment

3.5 months old. Any excuse is bs.

Comment

Is it a tankless water heater?

Comment

I doubt the element is under warranty. Have you tried replacing it? Maybe got a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            This!!

Comment

Sounds like you're not getting power. Check your breakers. If you have the PROPER volt checker, then check to see if it's getting power. If breakers are good, but no power, probably a loose or bad cord. UNPLUG it and check the connections. If they are on tight, the run a volt meter through it. Or, simply go buy a new one. I think they're about $20

Comment

Gas are electric?

Comment

I can’t imagine lime/scale could build up in the timeline discussed. Drain it and see if you have any solids in it just for grins.

Comment

Your builder should have your back and tell the plumber to swap it out. You sure you don't have an additional third party warranty? They are very common these days...

Comment

^^^this^^^

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Electric?
                        Yes it is electric

Comment

I agree. The job supervisor knew I was ****** when I talked to him . I couldn`t believe he said I was responsible if it was water quality issues. Me and my son spent over 800,000 on houses in the last year with them and they aren`t willing to take care of this. The wheel that squeaks gets the grease.

Comment

There ain't no way! They need to fix it. You could fill it with playground sand and get more than 3.5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turn all of your water off and check your meter and make sure you are not leaking water under the slab. If your meter is spinning you are blowing water under slab.

Comment

Working...
                              X