Heater Body Suit - Thumbs up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater Body Suit - Thumbs up

I received a "Heater Body Suit" for Christmas. Had the opportunity to use it the last few days up in the Wilbarger County. These things work. Sat in 20 degree weather and was nice and toasty. They are bulky. But once you get nestled in, you're snug as the proverbial bug in a rug. Thumbs up!
    Attached Files

Great gift

Comment

Kept me warm for 11 hour sits in -15 degree weather. Great gift!

Comment

Wow! Where can I get one of those? Name of it?

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
          Wow! Where can I get one of those? Name of it?
          That IS the name. Heater body suit. Online.

Comment

Love my HBS. Don't have wear a bunch of bulky layers to walk in that make me sweat or try and put said layers on once to my spot.

Comment

How quiet and easy is it to get from in the suit to ready to draw and shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

This^^^^??????

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

EASY! The zipper is made so that you basically shrug your shoulders and the top part slips right off of you. Very quiet. It is bulky. I used it in a box blind. It would take some practice to get in and out of it in a lock on stand or tripod. It does have built in slits for running safety straps through it. They also have several accessories. Very nice, very well made. Made in America for what that may be worth.

Comment

My only complaint would be the size of the boot slots in the bottom. If you have a large foot (I wear a 14 boot), there is a good chance your boot won’t go all the way to the bottom. Two ways to solve that though, (1) take your boots off before you get in it or (2) get one size bigger so the suit will still go over your shoulders even if your feet don’t go all the way to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      EASY! The zipper is made so that you basically shrug your shoulders and the top part slips right off of you. Very quiet. It is bulky. I used it in a box blind. It would take some practice to get in and out of it in a lock on stand or tripod. It does have built in slits for running safety straps through it. They also have several accessories. Very nice, very well made. Made in America for what that may be worth.
                      This is exactly right. I have been using one for a couple of years, mostly on our Kansas hints but occasionally gets cold enough here to use it. Takes practice getting in and out of it in ladder or hang on stand. As far as shooting it’s pretty simple, but it is one more “movement” that you have to make. There are shoulder straps on the inside so when you unzip to shoot it falls back out of the way but doesn’t fall down around your ankles. It takes a little practice and like I said is another movement in the shooting routine so it takes a little thought and planning. But they are warm enough that you can wear very light layers underneath. Shot a mature cull last year on December 18 in 17 degree weather wearing long Johns, one outer layer and my HBS. For me I would rather have the extra movement to slide out of the suit than to have to try to shoot with 7 layers of cloths on. One of the best tools for cold weather hunting IMO

Comment

This would be the week to own one if you're up in a tree.

Comment

I bought one 3 yrs ago for my hunts up in Kansas. I got to try it out that first year and it worked great. It was spittin snow and sleet that morning when the guide dropped me and another guy off. He said call me when you want to be picked up. About 11:30, my stomach got the better of me. When he picked me up, I asked what time the other guy stayed. He said 8:00!!!
                          I didn't even think about brining it on my hunt today!!
                          I could still be on the stand!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                            My only complaint would be the size of the boot slots in the bottom. If you have a large foot (I wear a 14 boot), there is a good chance your boot won’t go all the way to the bottom. Two ways to solve that though, (1) take your boots off before you get in it or (2) get one size bigger so the suit will still go over your shoulders even if your feet don’t go all the way to the bottom.
                            I'm 6'2" and two hundred and too many pounds. I bought the XXL Tall to give me as much wiggle room as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              I'm 6'2" and two hundred and too many pounds. I bought the XXL Tall to give me as much wiggle room as possible.
                              Smart move! Right before I ordered mine, a buddy told me to go one size bigger than I thought I would need. I’m glad I listened. My boots didn’t fit into the bottom but thankfully I still had 2” of clearance over my shoulders.

I still believe that this has been one of the single best hunting purchases I’ve ever made.

Comment

Working...
                              X