340 or 400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

340 or 400?

I'm getting a new Bowtech Experience and have decided to go with a 60#. I've always shot 70# but want to be able to enjoy shooting a little more. With that being said, I don't want to sacrifice speed. I was thinking about getting the Victory V6 HV arrows because they are very light but don't know which size would be best. Don't want to much oscillation in the shaft.

I would choose the 340. Better a little stiff than a little weak.

Comment

I think the 340 will be a little stiff. When I moved from 70-60 my 340 spine with my slick trick would not shoot true.

Comment

60# or below=400
        65# plus=340

thats what i shoot

Comment

How long will the arrow be?

Comment

Right at 28

Comment

I shoot 400s out of my 63 pound bows ... arrows are 28" long.
              They'll shoot the 340s too.

Comment

400 spine would be better. Could not get 340s to tune at 60 lbs.

Comment

Comment

I would say 400 as well. You can download the trial version of OnTarget2 software( Pinwheel software) and see for yourself. It's a pretty accurate program.

Comment

I shoot my experience right around sixty and it groups better with a 340 spine.

Comment

That's with 27 1/2 draw, 27 1/2" shaft.

Comment

I'm pretty sure a .340 spine will tune better with a 28 inch arrow with that bow.
                          I rarely,(if ever), send a .400 spine out that is longer than 27 1/2 inches long, with the newer bows.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            I'm pretty sure a .340 spine will tune better with a 28 inch arrow with that bow.
                            I rarely,(if ever), send a .400 spine out that is longer than 27 1/2 inches long, with the newer bows.
                            At what poundage do you start looking at going to the 400 spine. Or do you look at the ibo for the aggressiveness of the cam

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              Thats cuz ur arnry! 62 pound 82nd. 125 grain head. 27 inch arrow. Tunes out perfect.

With a fall away.

Comment

Working...
                              X