arrow weight vs dw and length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arrow weight vs dw and length

I'm shooting easton flatlines 7.4 gpi complete arrow is 355 grains.
    That's with inserts lighted knocks and 100grain slick trick and or shwacker.
    My bow is a 50-60# hoyt rampage xt maxed to 63# with a 29" draw length.
    I believe the last chrono was 299, 300, 299 fps so just say 300 fps
    Do I have good kenetic energy or do I need to sacrifice a little speed for weight?
    Or anyother suggestions. I've only been bowhunting two years and don't eeally know what is ideal.

It will kill anything you want to hunt in the states period!

Comment

Ten four I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        It will kill anything you want to hunt in the states period!
        Even elk?

Comment

Elk are big animals, but not thick skinned and they have about a 16"x16" kill zone. I would recommend the Tricks for elk over the Swackers out of this set up.

Comment

Read this...

Cheers!
            Fred

Comment

See people kill elk with a 45 lb bow and an avg arrow weight for their set up. So no need to go to a diff arrow

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
                See people kill elk with a 45 lb bow and an avg arrow weight for their set up. So no need to go to a diff arrow
                X2 there are women with there pics in the archery shop PASSING THRU elk with same arrow at 45-50#.......I think even your Hoyt will be fine

Comment

I think you are GTG as well. Just remember that the lighter the arrow (with in reason) the faster / flatter it will shoot but it will usually be noisier than a heavier arrow. There is some trade off there. If you get too light it isn't good for your bow. It looks like you have a great set up.

Comment

Yeah I know kyle I bet you think my hoyt goes good with my wifes prius

Comment

Not everyone is ready to go fast

Comment

300fps ain't too shabby and the old prius goes from waskom to cali and back for 285 $ :-)

Comment

5.63gpp. Looks good to go. If you want to quiet your bow down, you could add some weight to the arrow. I did this year and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR View Post
                            I'm shooting easton flatlines 7.4 gpi complete arrow is 355 grains.
                            That's with inserts lighted knocks and 100grain slick trick and or shwacker.
                            My bow is a 50-60# hoyt rampage xt maxed to 63# with a 29" draw length.
                            I believe the last chrono was 299, 300, 299 fps so just say 300 fps
                            Do I have good kenetic energy or do I need to sacrifice a little speed for weight?
                            Or anyother suggestions. I've only been bowhunting two years and don't eeally know what is ideal.
                            You are fine. Blew thru alotta critters at about that speed n weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              You are fine. Blew thru alotta critters at about that speed n weight.
                              So you blew thru some critters. That must of hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X