the natural order of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the natural order of things

just thought i'd circle back and spread some of my limited wisdom on archery with everybody...............you must be able the shoot before you tune!

keep it simple,
    keep it safe,
    and most of all keep it fun.

the opener is just around the corner, put in your time!

Muddy, excellent post. You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

True that. If you can't already consistently hit the spot you are aiming at, or at least group well, it's hard to know how much to adjust what.

Comment

Or to be able to attest to different types of equipment.
        Very good post!

Comment

Truer words have never been spoken my brother.
          I have a few friends who have just recently gotten into archery and everytime I turn around its " my bows shooting high" " now its shooting to the right" " now "it" wont hit ----". I tell'm to fix the shooter , not the bow.
          I tend to do that too.

Comment

You must practice often, develop muscle memory and consistancy. Your form and a consistant release play such a crucial part in archery. Shoot every shot like it is the kill shot. Sept. 29th is getting closer every day

Comment

i really believe in a pressure situation our "learned" behaviors take over. when we practice we "work on this or that" but when the chips are on the table we revert to the muscle memory and tendencies we have developed in practice be these things either positive or negative.

the fact of the matter is that for most hunting situations a poorly or marginally tuned bow will get the job done. with that being said the brake downs usually occur in the shot sequence itself. i just wanted to throw it out there because there is still time left to get things (first yourself, second your equipment) right before the opener.

heaven forbid that you go into opening day questioning either, thats a recipe for failure.

Comment

good stuff right there.

Comment

Fact

Comment

I like seeing stuff like this. When I started I had an older experienced shooter to mentor me. Showed me what and how, as well as why. Learning all the things I needed to know so when things changed, or something went bad on a trip, I could recover or help others. Too many of our new shooters lack this and seem to want to just slap down some cash, pick up a bow and go hunt. It's possible, and it can work, but the rest is more fulfilling and the long term benefits are numerous. Great thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X