Smoked Mac and Cheese Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Mac and Cheese Help

Wanting some input on smoked mac and cheese. I have the recipe down. I really need help on best option to warm/smoke it.

I have two options: 1) electric smoker which tops out at 250 degrees - i assume i would have to finish it in the oven to crisp it. or 2) green egg - i assume i can get it hotter and crispy on top but cook/smoke for less time - would that reduce the smokey flavor?

Thanks for any suggestions. Also let me know how long you think a good smoke for mac should last.

I can't remember an exact time, but be careful with the smoke. Pasta absorbs smoke very easily.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay I was thinking 45 min max. And less wood chips than normal.

Comment

I would use the egg and your wood chip of choice on low temp, get about 45min of smoke on em and stir quite often then cover with foil to finish. I do this on my Stick burner, peach and pecan have turned out good for wood choices.

Comment

Every time I try it dries out quick. So any tips on that would be good to. I do it on a stick burner

Comment

I have read that you need to stir it occassionally while it smokes. Then had the bread crumbs last.

Comment

Went the green egg at about 300 degrees for 30 minutes with the heat deflector in. Finished in the oven for about 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Turned out fantastic. I can post the wife's recipe in full.

Comment

Looks awesome, bet it tastes as good as it looks

Comment

Looks like it turned out pretty dang good. Never thought about smoking mac n cheese before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mmmm!

Comment

I make it many time when I take a brisket off....

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Went the green egg at about 300 degrees for 30 minutes with the heat deflector in. Finished in the oven for about 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Turned out fantastic. I can post the wife's recipe in full.
                        Can I have that recipe? That looks awesome!

Comment

Try using a tad bit of pimenton aka smoked paprika.... adds the flavor but dont dry out on the smoker.

Comment

That looks absolutely amazing

Comment

I haven't tried this. Might be worth my time.

Comment

Working...
                              X