Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Do not buy.

Solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn’t, but thanks.

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Key word...”suggested!”
    Yup, it’s a free market. I guess if their supply & demand justify the cost then so be it. I was just surprised.

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
    Did you actually scan it and see the price...? When i worked there we had a lot of people who did that crap on accident.

They usually only put those tags on there when stuff goes on clearance

Second time at this Academy I’ve seen it, specifically on Under Armour gear. Could be the location, it’s right by The Woodlands mall.

Comment

Honestly, that is not that bad. It was marked wrong and in this case, not in your favor. I'd have taken it to the scanner to see what it rang up there. Often times Academy is under MSRP when they put those stickers on them.

What still gets me is when Academy put some Eno hammocks on clearance. They were something like 69.99 marked down to 69.98

More than makes up for when I get nocturnals for 50% off, or some other odds and ends that I do actually use that were like 75% off.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        What does it ring up as at one of the scanners? Maybe wrong sticker on wrong item?
        Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
        Did you actually scan it and see the price...? When i worked there we had a lot of people who did that crap on accident.

They usually only put those tags on there when stuff goes on clearance
        This, I know for a fact Academy is cheaper on UA stuff than DSG. My wife bought a pair of shoes at DSG that she could have gotten $40 cheaper at Academy
        I use to work at DSG, I know their average mark up on US is 55%, Nike is closer to 80%

Comment

im more shocked that they make pants for $80. These $30 wranglers do me just fine

Comment

But we'll pay $60K for a truck and think we got a good deal cause the dealer dropped $10K off the sticker.

Lmao!

Comment

That what happens when they're owned by an investment group now

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                What surprises me the most is there's a "price tag" on it!!!
                Who does that anymore?
                And since we are bashing Academy, I went to the one in B/CS the other day for some new turkey calls. They only had 2 different mouth calls and 2 slate calls and that was it!!!
                Yeah a bigger brand new store and hardly have anything on the shelves!

Comment

I work in the garment industry so I have a little knowledge on how our operations work. The sewing factory applies the UPC to the garments before they are shipped to the distribution center. It could be that the wrong price was printed on the UPC tag, it happens here from time to time. When it does happen we run all those through our rework department and change out the UPC tag with the correct price. We do not sticker over the price for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    That what happens when they're owned by an investment group now
                    7 years latter............KKR still owns them...

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      This, I know for a fact Academy is cheaper on UA stuff than DSG. My wife bought a pair of shoes at DSG that she could have gotten $40 cheaper at Academy
                      I use to work at DSG, I know their average mark up on US is 55%, Nike is closer to 80%
                      So UA isn’t MAP priced and you are comparing like items? Unless you where the buyer you don’t know markup, there is all kinds of different discounts, but I assure you it’s a lot more then 55%
                      Last edited by Texans42; 04-11-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        So UA isn’t MAP priced and you are comparing like items? Unless you where the buyer you don’t know markup, there is all kinds of different discounts, but I assure you it’s a lot more then 55%
                        This was shown on our system at DSG, we could walk up to an item and scan it and get mark up info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Second time at this Academy I’ve seen it, specifically on Under Armour gear. Could be the location, it’s right by The Woodlands mall.[/QUOTE]

Dang maybe they are doing it on purpose. At the Academy i worked at in Pearland it was just a mistake when i saw it. They never rang up for what it was priced at

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            This was shown on our system at DSG, we could walk up to an item and scan it and get mark up info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                            That’s like a car sales guy telling he is selling the car to you $100 over cost....right....... heck he may even believe it but that’s not the true cost of the car.

MSRP is roughly 100% markup with out an additional backend discounts. I’ll put it this way MAP is normally 90-100% after mfg discounts.

For a company to sell below MAP, there is backend margin support from the MFG. This encourages retailers to not sell below MAP.

Now close out (seasonal, run, etc) are different,

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              What surprises me the most is there's a "price tag" on it!!!
                              Who does that anymore?
                              And since we are bashing Academy, I went to the one in B/CS the other day for some new turkey calls. They only had 2 different mouth calls and 2 slate calls and that was it!!!
                              The one here in Katy has zero turkey calls, and only one box of 3" 12 gauge turkey rounds. Academy is basically a soccer mom's sports apparel store best I can tell.

At least Gander carried what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                                Yeah a bigger brand new store and hardly have anything on the shelves!
                                Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                The one here in Katy has zero turkey calls, and only one box of 3" 12 gauge turkey rounds. Academy is basically a soccer mom's sports apparel store best I can tell.

At least Gander carried what I needed.
                                Yep. Seems like every time I go, I see less and less of "huntin stuff"!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X