Barn Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    Go for it. I imagine there are a bunch of TBHers that can offer their two cents, having done something similar.

Having joined within the last year, I saw the tanning thread for the first time a couple days ago. Immediately I realized the date but assumed i'd still see results. Read through nearly 6 pages before I realized there wouldn't be any.
    Saw the tanning thread I thought for the first time the other day. After opening realized I posted to it almost 9 years ago

Comment

Barn Build

Here is floor plan for build. Additional seating and sleeping in open loft above ...

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 12-01-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

In for the future!! Wanting to do the same at some point

Comment

After the excavator finished the drive he popped the levee on the pond to drain. We’ll let it dry out good and bowl it out, grub around it and add structure before refilling. This farm had been neglected for several years as the previous owners had gotten up there in age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The concrete guy dug footers today and will pour on Monday. They’ll be 12” thick and a 6” by 4 ft wall will be formed and poured on top the following week. This is a long time coming to get to here. Originally talked to everyone in April but hit weather, water company BS and then everyone got busy. Happy to see progress.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 12-02-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

This is a shot from our pond levee looking towards the barn. Our house will go about where the yellow hoe is sitting.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 12-02-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I am definitely following this one. My wife and I are talking about downsizing into something like this once our son is out of the house (about 10 years). I love seeing all the different designs.

Comment

Barn Build

Good day at the farm today. Concrete went in for footers and recovered this guy I shot yesterday evening.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

House is coming along, man look at that buck!!

Comment

Looking forward to the build. Sounds like a nice place.

I helped my folks build a similar structure back in 97. 40x60 building, 20x40 as a living space, and a 40x40 shop. I still try to get out there almost every weekend.

Once you get the pond dredged out, make sure the lining clay is in good shape before you allow it to refill. I’ve heard one too many sad stories about leaking ponds after reclaiming the muck.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                        House is coming along, man look at that buck!!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                          Looking forward to the build. Sounds like a nice place.

I helped my folks build a similar structure back in 97. 40x60 building, 20x40 as a living space, and a 40x40 shop. I still try to get out there almost every weekend.

Once you get the pond dredged out, make sure the lining clay is in good shape before you allow it to refill. I’ve heard one too many sad stories about leaking ponds after reclaiming the muck.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                          Good point on the pond. The excavator set aside the blue clay he pulled out when opening up the levee. Not sure I would have thought to do that so good thing he's done it a time or 2.

Comment

following !

Comment

I enjoy the heck out of these threads, and wow on your buck..

Rwc

Comment

Like your barn project and congrats on a really nice deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X