Metal Building/Camp House Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Building/Camp House Cost

My Dad is starting to get the ball rolling on getting a metal building/camp house built on our property in Austin County. Nothing fancy, just a weekend/deer camp type place. As of right now, he would "like" to do the following:

- Building = 24' X 56' (split in half between closed in garage and closed in room/"living" area)

- Slab = 44' X 76' (extended 10' past building on all four sides)

- Roof/Canopy = 64' X 96' (extended 10' past slab on all four sides)

For those of you who are knowledgeable about this and/or do this type of work, what do you feel a ballpark price would be for this setup? Obviously, there are a lot of variables, but he's just trying to figure out is whether this is a realistic option, or something that's way out of range.

There is no ball park price. Wall height, doors and windows can add a lot of money. Besides that, your measurements are for a wood building and not metal. You will waste a lot of money on wasted material with those dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      There is no ball park price. Wall height, doors and windows can add a lot of money. Besides that, your measurements are for a wood building and not metal. You will waste a lot of money on wasted material with those dimensions.
      Maybe this will help:

Walls = 12'

Regular Doors = 2

Garage Doors = 2 (16' Long X 10' Tall)

Roll Up Door = 1 (12' Long X 8' Tall)

Windows = 4

What he's trying to figure out is if something like this "should" be $50,000 - $75,000, $75,000 - $100,000, etc. Just some front end research, basically.

Comment

Here is a video of my barndo build, with lessons learned and a cost summary at the end.
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwoScYMJW54"]building - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
          Here is a video of my barndo build, with lessons learned and a cost summary at the end.
          building - YouTube
          Boom! I appreciate it.

Comment

Check out www.texasbuildingcenter.com. They are awesome and have been in business for 30+ years.

Comment

Mine was finished 6 months ago in MS. I’m $62 per foot finished all in. I have approx 1500 square feet.

Comment

Most regular steel buildings the materials/slab/construction will all be 33% each roughly or all about the same cost. If you get a materials bid of $20k your probably looking at a 60k building all in.

***Of course is this just a rough rule of thumb but it will get you in that $25k ballpark range you are wanting***

Comment

Good information, guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X