Igloo Coolers Suck.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igloo Coolers Suck.....

Bought 150Qt Igloo from Sam's to use for quartered up deer. Well last year when I was cleaning it up I noticed there was crack in the corner exposing the foam of the cooler so I emailed Igloo and with a little hassle they replaced it under 1 year warranty. Well, I've used the replacement cooler 2, maybe 3 times. I think I've only had one deer in it, and the dang thing cracked in the corner again. These coolers are crap. I guess you get what you pay for. With bloody water possibly seeping in the crack and getting in the walls of the cooler, I figure it's trash.

Bummer man. I have 2 of those, and they've served me well enough. Biggest gripe is the crappy hinges and latches.

Comment

I joke with my dad, his $20 igloo has gone through $40 worth of latches and hinges.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        Bought 150Qt Igloo from Sam's to use for quartered up deer. Well last year when I was cleaning it up I noticed there was crack in the corner exposing the foam of the cooler so I emailed Igloo and with a little hassle they replaced it under 1 year warranty. Well, I've used the replacement cooler 2, maybe 3 times. I think I've only had one deer in it, and the dang thing cracked in the corner again. These coolers are crap. I guess you get what you pay for. With bloody water possibly seeping in the crack and getting in the walls of the cooler, I figure it's trash.

I have one of the green ones that has been doing the same thing for a while. Since I only use it at the lease to transport deer to process, I taped it all the way around with Gorilla tape.

I’m not spending hundreds of dollars for something I use only a few times a year and for one specific purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I have one of the green ones that has been doing the same thing for a while. Since I only use it at the lease to transport deer to process, I taped it all the way around with Gorilla tape.

I’m not spending hundreds of dollars for something I use only a few times a year and for one specific purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          And dont forget the weight. Put a quartered deer in a roto molded cooler and I wouldnt be able to lift it.

Comment

I have 2 $50 or less Igloo coolers that I have had for 15+years and have never had a single issue with either of them (box or latches). Odd that you are having the same issue with both coolers. I hope they make it right for you since it is obviously a design flaw of some sort

Comment

had a 50 quart that bought new didnt use, sat in the garage for 6 months opened it to use one day and the hinges broke when I opened it and the lid fell on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                I joke with my dad, his $20 igloo has gone through $40 worth of latches and hinges.
                I can confirm this personally to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  Bummer man. I have 2 of those, and they've served me well enough. Biggest gripe is the crappy hinges and latches.
                  Academy sells stainless hinges/latches. Got dad 3 coolers worth for Christmas A little pricey but worth it on their larger coolers.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 03-06-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Yep, I put those on long ago. They should've came with those already installed. But, gotta make that money.

Comment

I used some old tie down straps.
                      cut a little square and then screw it in on each side of the lid. the piece of strap makes the hinge

Comment

I bought the metal hinges and clasp when I bought the first one. Contacted Igloo and they said I was SOL. Said because it was already a replacement they couldn't do anything about it. My brother has an igloo that going on 11 years that had no telling how many deer in it. The inside must just be thin and brittle with these new ones. Pretty sorry.

Comment

I've purchased my last Igloo. Got it last year and during the first use the wall where the handle is separated from the interior wall. Got an old green one that belonged to my FIL. Still works like new. On others I've cut small pieces of leather to use as replacement hinges.

Comment

Yes they do

Comment

Hinges and latch for my 90Q igloo marine...9.95...thats about 60bucks total for last 6y or so..To hold 3 20# bags of ice at 1.29 a bag...Better than Yette about same size 75Q or 105Q both almost 500 bucks to hold about 4 bucks of ice... I can buy lotsa hinges and 90Q coolers my math says
                              Last edited by cva34; 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X