Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Mandatory orientation now required even for bow hunting.

Edit: Atascosa spelled wrong
    Last edited by gemini2759; 06-25-2017, 03:10 PM.

I'm not surprised that they decided to do orientation for bowhunters now. Last year it seemed that the hootleheads really came out to play.

Even though I was able to score a buck on last year's hunt, I'm not sure if I'll put in for another archery hunt at LA. I really had a hard time trying to shake the crowds of hunters. Just too many people at once. I couldn't swing a dead cat over my head without hittin someone in an orange hat.

Comment

I hear ya Palehorse. I had two tripods within 200 yards of me last year and hadn't seen anyone around me the previous five years. I noticed also they're only having two deer archery hunts this year instead of three. Hunting LA is not for newbies and one tough place to hunt.

Comment

Hey Gemini, the buck on your avatar, is that the one we drug out of the mud together at LA?

Comment

No, that one is my sons first and only deer, shot in Jim Hogg county., an old 12 pointer.He was 14, now 28 and after he shot it said he would never do it again. He loves shot gunning doves tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
            Hey Gemini, the buck on your avatar, is that the one we drug out of the mud together at LA?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170704_130334811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24501610

This was the one. Don't know if I told you, but the next morning I drove up on a monster 10 just standing on the road in between the first and n second gates along section 8 about 11 am. He was tending a doe. Wish the new rules on shooting your tag limit was in effect then.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got it back from the taxidermist this week! The other buck I arrowed is an ornament hanging in the backyard tree. Crossing my fingers to get back there again!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                I got it back from the taxidermist this week! The other buck I arrowed is an ornament hanging in the backyard tree. Crossing my fingers to get back there again!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                Good looking mount bud.
                Hope to get down there again myself

Comment

Thanks txoutdoorsman! It was still drying in that photo and then touched up, but its the only photo I have saved. Detail looks much better on the finished mount! Hope we both get to go! Are you as excited as I am to read all these comments in the next few months?! I'm giddy with excitement!

Comment

Thanks txoutdoorsman! It was still drying in that photo and then touched up, but its the only photo I have saved. Detail looks much better on the finished mount! Hope we both get to go! Are you as excited as I am to read all these comments in the next few months?! I'm giddy with excitement!
                    I've been looking forward to it for sure. Best hunt I've ever been on and didn't kill anything.

Comment

Is the word "giddy" allowed in here?

Comment

Looks awesome!

Just curious, did you have any luck with the warranty claim on your drone last year?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          Is the word "giddy" allowed in here?

Yes, especially when an educator spells "ataoscas" wrong, they aren't allowed to debate ones diction! Remember the Alaomo!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                            Looks awesome!

Just curious, did you have any luck with the warranty claim on your drone last year?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
                            I've never taken the time to do so, yet! Perhaps I will soon. A dealer told me that they have been seeing a lot of cases of the mysterious "FLYAWAY" in those models, and DJI has been replacing them. We'll see!

Notice the in the NEW archery regulations: NO DRONES/AIRCRAFT LMFAO!!!

Comment

I've never taken the time to do so, yet! Perhaps I will soon. A dealer told me that they have been seeing a lot of cases of the mysterious "FLYAWAY" in those models, and DJI has been replacing them. We'll see!
                              Good luck, hope you get it replaced.

Notice the in the NEW archery regulations: NO DRONES/AIRCRAFT LMFAO!!!
                              Yeah, I saw that too. Thought it was interesting that is says operating a drone over refuge property is illegal. I wonder what law makes this illegal??

Comment

Working...
                              X