Boat Trailer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    When you go to get it, take some tools to McClain. Half my bolts where about 1/4 turn over hand tight the day I brought mine home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Will do, thanks for the info.

Just paid my 30% to start the build. Let the clock begin

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
      Yes it is the original.

Yeah after some research I don't think weight is the issue either

Anyhow, I have decided to go with a new trailer. I am going with McClain Trailers for the new one, it will be a tandem axle.

Thanks for all the input. Now the 6 week wait to get it built

My dad just got a new trailer for his and went back and forth between coastline and McClain and needed up going with coastline.

It was a couple hundred more, but apples for apples was a little better trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been looking hard for the past 2 months and still haven't found a decent used tandem axle aluminum trailer! I keep going back and forth with spending the $4,000 on a new one and mine is a 21' kenner similar to yours. I am going to have to end up biting the bullet and spending the $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
          I've been looking hard for the past 2 months and still haven't found a decent used tandem axle aluminum trailer! I keep going back and forth with spending the $4,000 on a new one and mine is a 21' kenner similar to yours. I am going to have to end up biting the bullet and spending the $$$.
          I just don't want to be so stressed pulling it anymore with whatever is causing my bearing issues. The $$$ sucks but thank God we just got our bonuses so before I blew it, I decided to just do it and be done with it.

Comment

Anybody build good trailers near dfw? Im im a similar position with a smaller boat

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
              Anybody build good trailers near dfw? Im im a similar position with a smaller boat
              Look up Diamond City Trailers in Arkansas. I haven't bought one in years but at the time an all welded aluminum trailer with LED lights wasn't much more than a McClain. McClain's small boat trailers suck. I had one for 2 years and replaced dang near everything but the toung jack and coupler!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Criagslist for new trailer that is right size. BOat trailers are fairly easy to find.
                Yeah BUT, it has to have a clear Title or your screwed getting license tags for it. DO NOT BUY ONE WITHOUT A TITLE.

RD

Comment

My dad's did that on a regular bases.....start checking thing....boat and trailer weighed more than the axe was rated for. New correct axe and never had another issue

Comment

McClain just called on lunch, ready to pick it up! Will be bringing the truck to work on Friday and will pick it up.

Time to get back on the water, been too long!!!!

Comment

Here she is!

Just have to get a 6" drop hitch because my 4" is too high. Really like it. Seems well built and way more stout than my other trailer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice trailer!!!! You will be happy with that purchase for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                        X