Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunting/fishing Life goals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some goals y'all have set? 2 years ago I set 3 goals and have been steadily knocking them out.

1. Successfully fish all the hill country rivers. That's main rivers/basins, not the creeks too. I have them listed somewhere and can't remember where I'm at but I have most of them done.

2. Successfully fish all 50 states. Right now I'm sitting at 14. Florida really messed this plan up. I have been there twice in one year with a 3rd trip coming up. That place is Gods gift to saltwater fishermen.

3. I've actually been working on this one for years!!! It a texas fresh water "super slam"... there are 39 game fish listed by Tpw...excluding minnows and shad....I have 4 fish left to complete this one.

Just curious to see what goals others have set.

The only goal I have is a 30" trout. I've gotten within a 1/4 of an inch but not quite there. I've fished in several states and the east coast VA, NC and SC, Florida and Louisiana, offshore, nearshore but I sure do love wade fishing Matagorda Bay.

Comment

Want to catch 30in trout and snook. A leopard redfish would be nice but would be like winning the lottery. For hunting I would like to kill a mature deer with a bow. Got my first deer (spike) this season with a bow. What a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
        Want to catch 30in trout and snook. A leopard redfish would be nice but would be like winning the lottery. For hunting I would like to kill a mature deer with a bow. Got my first deer (spike) this season with a bow. What a rush.
        I caught a leopard red in one of my firsts trips to the coast. Didn't even know what it was!!!

I was pumped the first time I bow killed an old doe... then moved up to a mature buck. They are much wiser that the young ones!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
          I caught a leopard red in one of my firsts trips to the coast. Didn't even know what it was!!!

I was pumped the first time I bow killed an old doe... then moved up to a mature buck. They are much wiser that the young ones!
          A true trophy no matter the size and congrats on that accomplishment. I love to wade for reds on the flats more than catching trout

Comment

I have some goals for the next 5 years

1.) Bowhunt a buck 130" or over
            2.) Get a mule deer 150" or over
            3.) Catch a blue catfish 40lbs or over
            4.) Catch a bull red 35" or over
            5.) Help my daughter and son get their first deer (hopefully next season)

Comment

1 moose with a bow
              2 catch a wahoo over 80lbs
              3 catch a yellowfin over 300
              4 be a contender in the quest for the crest

Order subject to change from day to day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Large mouth bass over 12lbs
                Large mouth bass over 5 on a dropshot
                Coyote with a bow
                150" buck with a bow
                Make enough money to hunt when I'm not fishing and fish when I'm not hunting.

Comment

^^^^^ those are big fish guys!!!!!

Comment

Go back to Puerto Rico and catch a bigger tarpon. Last time I was there my line snapped after fighting it for a while.

Comment

Archery free range bison, elk, moose, Rocky Mountain sheep and eventually trad. bow kills on same game. I also want a five yard trad kill on whitetail free range/public land deer.
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 11-18-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

great thread, just thinking thru this two weeks ago! No idea where to start but it is quite immense.........or it feels that way.
                        Archery:
                        Moose (3 tag gumbos), Elk (4 tag gumbos), 170 plus whitetail, Trophy Coues Deer, Trophy Mule Deer (2 tag gumbos), Tahr (in June 2018), Chamois (in June), Red Stag (June), European Stag (in 3 weeks), European Fallow (in 3 weeks), European Boar (in 3 weeks) Gredos Ibex (in 3 weeks), Becite Ibex (in 3 weeks), Brown Bear, Coastal Black Bear, Muskox, Caribou (replace the rifle one I have), complete Spiral Horn Slam (July of 2018), Sable (July 2018), Baboon (July 2018'), Springbok's (two more to complete slam in July 2018'), Leopard, Marco Polo Ram (bow or rifle), Dall Sheep. Coyote, Bobcat, Fox and Jackal with my bow.
                        Hopefully the ones that have not been booked will fall in the next 5 -10 years.

Fishing:
                        Rooster Fish, Tarpon, Sailfish, and a Grey or Black Marlin to geaux with my stripped. Bowfish for a 7.5'+ GARfish!!!!!!!!

Comment

Go fishing and hunting as much as I can with as many friends and family as possible.

Comment

Have a place to hunt that I could call my own..

Comment

Have a few Checked off so far
                              6 foot shark from beach
                              30 inch trout
                              Texas inshore slam on lures
                              My "big buck" 150 class whitetail and I doubt I'll ever beat it

I need
                              A big ole bass to me this is 8 lb and up I've never caught a big one (don't fish fresh much)
                              A trophy tarpon, only landed juveniles inshore(I'd love to catch one from a kayak)
                              A Marlin is top of my list
                              Then just about every Texas offshore fish in a respectable size as I haven't been offshore much with great success

Hunting I want a big axis (shot a few good Texas exotics but never an axis), mule deer, Elk, caribou there's plenty of others but those are top of my list

Comment

Working...
                              X