Grinder Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinder Help

I've used a small Oster grinder for years and it is slow! We grind 3-5 deer and several hogs a year and I want a bigger, badder grinder. I'm looking at the Cabela's Carnivore and LEM Redhead Big Bite in either 0.75 or 1 hp. This would greatly speed the process. I like the Cabela's warranty. Looking for opinions, alternatives and any ideas on potential sales. I've got deer on ice now.

Thanks

I have the Big Bite #5 which is .35 hp and it goes pretty quick for what I do. The #12 I would imagine would chew up some meat quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      I have the Big Bite #5 which is .35 hp and it goes pretty quick for what I do. The #12 I would imagine would chew up some meat quick!

Go for the most h.p. you can afford.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

LEM better than Cabelas

Comment

1hp cabelas here and love it. I've had mine for several years and it never lets me down!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            1hp cabelas here and love it. I've had mine for several years and it never lets me down!
            Same here great machine and you are not going to believe how much faster it is.

Comment

ok here's how it works you see a guy that's hot you swipe right

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                Go for the most h.p. you can afford.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Exactly. Only about $100 difference in the 5 and 12. The 12 is .75hp

When I got the 5 it was on sale for a heck of deal so couldn’t pass it up

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                  ok here's how it works you see a guy that's hot you swipe right

Not sure I want to know how you know that

Comment

I got LEM 3/4 hp #12 big bite... 2y now its a work horse.and cleanups a breeze.Cant belive I did it with a #12 hand grinder for the last 60 years...

Comment

Dont buy smaller than a #12 and if you can afford to go commercial grade do it. Just cuts out any plastic parts is all. LEM is a great machine though. I know a few folks running them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Swipe right - - - LOL.............

Comment

I have a .35 horse LEM and it can bog a little on meat chunks if you push too hard, but not a real problem. It's the Italian made one.
                          Last edited by Brute Killer; 11-18-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                            I have a .35 horse LEM and it can bog a little on meat chunks if you push too hard, but not a real problem. It's the Italian made one.
                            Thanks guys. Cleanup on the LEM looks to be easier. Now of I can find a sale on them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a 1horse LEM for about 14 years. I think it the #22 die. It's a beast! I ordered straight through LEM, but I believe Bass pro carries them also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X