Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone hunted Africa

Hey Guys

Has anyone hunted the South Africa area. I'm looking to make a trip next year looking for recommendations on outfits in the area.

William

check the search button about 100 or so threads of TBH members that have crossed the pond. LOTS and LOTS of great outfitters to chose from.

Comment

I can recommend Dinaka Game Reserves out of Nylstroom South Africa.
      Johan and his family are awesome! The place is spectacular!! https://www.dinaka.co.za

Comment

Lots of live hunts on here and recaps every year in the summer. I've been 3 times and planning to go back in June of 2019. I recommend Limcroma Safaris. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Do a search on here for them. Great People. Great operation

Comment

There have been a number of guys here from the site who have traveled to South Africa. There have also been a handful of guys with great stories from other parts of Africa as well.

I went bowhunting in South Africa twice. I went in 2010 and 2012 and had great experiences both times. I'm attaching both threads if you'd like to see a few pictures.

There have also been a number of threads covering dip and ship, tannery, taxidermy over there versus here, etc. if you use the search feature. I am by no means an authority on the subject, but would be willing to share my experiences and answer question you might have. Feel free to pm me and I'll answer anything I can.

Good luck to you if you go and be sure and share the pictures and story with us.

2010 Trip

2012 Trip

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
            There have been a number of guys here from the site who have traveled to South Africa. There have also been a handful of guys with great stories from other parts of Africa as well.

I went bowhunting in South Africa twice. I went in 2010 and 2012 and had great experiences both times. I'm attaching both threads if you'd like to see a few pictures.

There have also been a number of threads covering dip and ship, tannery, taxidermy over there versus here, etc. if you use the search feature. I am by no means an authority on the subject, but would be willing to share my experiences and answer question you might have. Feel free to pm me and I'll answer anything I can.

Good luck to you if you go and be sure and share the pictures and story with us.

2010 Trip

2012 Trip
            http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=310941

I will say your 2010 write up has been my favorite of all time. You did an amazing job capturing all that. I can relate more now that I've been a few times but it was inspiring the first time I read through your adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              I will say your 2010 write up has been my favorite of all time. You did an amazing job capturing all that. I can relate more now that I've been a few times but it was inspiring the first time I read through your adventure.

Thank you bud, I appreciate the kind words. I saw your post where you mentioned you had been 3 times. I searched your name for threads started because I couldn't remember the trips.

I have never even see one of your trips, much less all 3. I look forward to taking a look at them. This site is so great, but so much stuff can get missed so easy if you don't check in everyday almost!

Thanks again, I look forward to the writing and pictures in your trips.

Comment

I have hunted with East Cape Hunters and Nduna Safaris, awesome guys can't imagine anyone being better.

Comment

At Limpopo Valley Safaris, we invite you on an unforgettable journey into the heart of Africa's untamed beauty.

My son went here and then he, Bisch and i went.
                  Had a wonderful time

Comment

Go to the Dallas Safari Club show the first weekend in January. There are tons of outfitters from all over the world there, including Africa. Talk to as many of them as you can. I guarantee there will be something there you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard31 View Post
                      Go to the Dallas Safari Club show the first weekend in January. There are tons of outfitters from all over the world there, including Africa. Talk to as many of them as you can. I guarantee there will be something there you like.
                      Or............Houston Safari Club, SCI Vegas, or SCI Houston in July............all the outfitters attend or donate to these organizations!
                      Hey Redbeard, tell me about that moose! Bow?

Comment

Come see me at the HSC show the end of January.

Comment

Come see me in Dallas at the Dallas Safari Club Show. African Arrow Safaris. You will not be dissapointed.

Comment

I hunted the Eastern Cape and Karoo earlier this year. Try Carl Van Zyl @ JohnXSafaris. Great outfit, top notch in many ways.

Comment

hey guys. I wish i could go to the shows. I have a little problem I'm working out of the country. that's why I posted on here to get the opinions of the guys that have gone there.

Comment

Working...
                              X