No announcement yet.

In your opinion best guitarist!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mention for Roy Clark. Another great blues guitarist was Roy Buchanan - for a long time labeled as the "greatest guitarist you never heard of." Probably one of the reasons he committed suicide

Add Rhett Butler to the two guitar playing, tapping, trick guitar playing list as well..
    Last edited by mikemorvan; 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I like all kinds of music, and especially all kinds of guitar players. The guitar player that I'm most amazed by - of any genre of music - is Tommy Emmanuel.

Comment

I have seen Roy Clark go off man. Not in real life but videos.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAyEN07JjI"]Spain - Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Meh, not even on the others level.

Kirk Hammet is not really that good either but it's merely opinions. No way to prove who is best.
            LMAO!!!! Must be industrial strength crack cocaine! Hammett is a BEAST

Comment

I am not sure I get the 'mainstream' part. So I gave two, one that is mainsteam (most people have heard of) and one that is not so.

Mainstream - Dave 'The Edge' Evans (U2's Guitarist)
              Non Heard of but awesome - Rory Gallagher

Comment

Larry Carlton - All time fav of mine!

Comment

Van Wilkes
                  Brian May

Comment

SRV became one with the guitar or vice versa!

The way he played the thing was hard to fathom. How could he make his hands and fingers do that was cool!

To watch him play live was almost a spiritual experience! If it didn't memorize you then you had no soul whether you played an instrument or not.

His style of play was his style of play. I don't think anyone has really come close to copying it.

I saw a video clip of him playing with an old black blues guitarist, may have been BB King or someone like him, and to watch the old legend look on in awe spoke volumes.

Comment

My favorite is Joe Walsh.

The best, Joe Bonnamassa.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                        LMAO!!!! Must be industrial strength crack cocaine! Hammett is a BEAST
                        Must be alot of metal fans on that stuff then because he didn't make it past the third round of the voting.

When you compare the pop metal of Metallica to the much heavier, more technical bands.....they kinda lose out.

Comment

Plugged and unplugged - BUCKETHEAD can out riff anyone anywhere - ANYTIME!

His Acoustic work (6 string and 12 string) mixed with his electric guitar work..INCLUDING BASS...hits riffs, complexity and unreal speed beyond the best.

Here's a bit of Buckethead demonstrating a few electric base riffs. Note his finger length and his ability to fly up and down the fret bars at super high speeds and pulling off chords at these speeds that defy logical guitar reasoning.

Buckethead replaced SLASH for GUNS N ROSES years ago......he's way better than Slash, more speed than Satriani with the same chord complexities, can hang with anyone on the planet with strings.

Watch FIGURE 6 and then the close....HANDS, FINGERS - FRETS AND SPEED = UNREAL! For acoustic work, watch FIGURE 2 - These are Buckethead guitar lessons showing basic BH stuff!

http://youtu.be/yaCErlW-3p8

Buckethead burning up the BASS GUITAR

http://youtu.be/Afa-e9aT1-0

A Dimebag Tribute from Buckethead to Darrel

And to show all, he can smoke SLASH with GUNS N ROSES - here's Buckethead live on stage with GNR playing NIGHT TRAIN - SMOKING CHORDS LIVE!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-15-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

not this guy
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqnL8Q9WCbY"]Worst Guitar Player Ever? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Must be alot of metal fans on that stuff then because he didn't make it past the third round of the voting.

When you compare the pop metal of Metallica to the much heavier, more technical bands.....they kinda lose out.
                              I must be on the industrial crack too. Hammett is good, but I say tap the brakes on the title of "Beast" JMO

Comment

David Gilmour.

Comment

Working...
                                X